No data displayed

Hello!

When I open the application and login the thing is that the right side of the screen keeps on scrolling for a couple of seconds. After that the screen is static, but I cannot access the data e.g. password when clicking on a specific login. However, if I click on one of the logins the usual data is displayed at the lower right side for a fraction of a second; then it's gone.

Furthermore the dropbox icon keeps on refreshing (spinning arrow) as soon as the application is started and keeps on spinning for a very long time. When hovering over the icon with the mouse-cursor it says, that some files are uploaded and some other files are being indexed, but it never finishes.

Please help, as this prohibits me from accessing my passwords in the application. I have to use the browser extensions instead, which is kind of sh....

KR
Nat Geo

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Nat! Could you try moving your [font=courier new,courier,monospace]1Password.agilekeychain[/font] data outside of your Dropbox folder and then open it from outside of your Dropbox folder? It almost sounds like some kind of Dropbox problem and I'd like to rule that out as a possible source of the problem.

Can you also tell me what version of 1Password you are using?

I'm sure e can get this resolved for you.

Thanks!
  • Nat Geo
    edited September 2012
    Hello Khad!

I moved the folder to another place but the result is the same. I also tried reinstalling 1password but without success. I am running version 1.0.9.296

What I didn't try was to un- and reinstall both, 1password and dropbox, because I was afraid of loosing my passwords.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You're 1Password data is stored separately, so it should not be affected by a reinstall of 1Password and/or Dropbox. I'm not sure such a reinstall will make any difference, but if you are keen to try it, please let me know how it goes.

I'm not sure why Dropbox would keep syncing and syncing your 1Password data if you removed it from the Dropbox folder. How many other computers and devices are you syncing with? Could you list them for me?
  • Nat Geo
    edited September 2012
    If I move the 1password folder out of the dropbox folder, Dropbox won't show the permanent synching any more; sorry if I didn't make that clear. But the 1password application still doesn't work correctly. It still scrolls at the beginning and one cannot access the data, because it just flashes it for a fraction of a second.

Besides my PC, I use an iPad and iPhone.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It almost sounds like a graphics driver issue, but it's hard to say without seeing it. Would you be willing to take a screenshot or, even better still, a video? You can use Jing which also will host the video for you for free:

http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/

If you'd prefer not to post the video publicly in this community forum, you can post its URL in a private support ticket on our support site:

http://support.agilebits.com/discussion/new

Please be sure to include a link to the thread if you do so we can "connect the dots" when we see it. :)
  • I have posted the video [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]in a private support ticket on the support site.[/font]

BR
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nat Geo[/font]
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! We will follow up there as soon as possible. :)
This discussion has been closed.