Dropbox Sync failed

I have 1Password for Windows and am trying to sync to my ipad via Dropbox. It fails. No specific error. I want to make sure that I am exsporting the file correctly to Dropbox, perhaps this is is the issue. I also tried uninstalling the app and that did not help. Can you please guide me? Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, btrainor! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You should not be exporting to Dropbox. You just need to click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password for Windows' preferences on the General tab. :)

Also uninstalling the app won't make a difference as Dropbox syncing depends on the location of your data not the 1Password for Windows application. The data is stored separately and unaffected by the removal or reinstallation of 1Password for Windows.

If you have exported any of your data (unencrypted) to Dropbox, please remove it immediately.

If you are still having trouble, can you tell me what path is listed in your 1Password for Windows' preferences for the 1Password data? Using my own screenshot as an example, my path is:

C:\Users\khad\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

20120908-t578ptrpbyrw6uwudt6xnqqfe8.png
  • btrainor
    btrainor
    Community Member
    OK, getting closer. Now it tells me Master Password was incorrect. Please tap "Account" and enter the Master Password to used. I have tried entering the password for 1password. I only have 1 password.
  • btrainor
    btrainor
    Community Member
    i figured it out. Done!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.