Cannot sync with dropbox on ipad or iphone

I changed my password in 1password for mac. Then I tried to change settings in ipod & iphone apps and something got screwy and would not let me sync.
I reset my dropbox connection and now when entering my dropbox login I get the following message (onboth devices)
Lgin failed. Please make sure email and password are correct. Error: (null)

I can still use 1password app on my mac and I can also access dropbox for other uses.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, unopass! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The simplest thing to do if you have your all of your data in 1Password on your Mac may be to just remove and reinstall the iOS app(s). I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue, but I think that would require a lot more back and forth whereas just reinstalling the app(s) is pretty straightforward and will allow you to set up Dropbox syncing anew.

Please let me know how it goes or if you need more specific instructions for the procedure. I'd be happy to help more. :)
  • kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    I have a similar problem, but in my case I just purchased a brand new iPhone 5 and installed the newest 1PW. When I try to set up syncing with Dropbox, I get stuck on the part where it asks me to input my iPhone master password. 1: I don't use an iPhone master password, and 2: when I set one up, so as to satisfy the program, it won't work. What password is it asking for?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2012
    kagy

Its wanting the password you setup when installing 1Password, you were prompted to set up a pin code and a password. This password is called the Master Password.

If you can't remember the password when you installed and 1st opened 1Password. Then simply delete it from your phone (1Password app) and reinstall you will be asked to setup a pin and password again.
  • kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

kagy

Its wanting the password you setup when installing 1Password, you were prompted to set up a pin code and a password. This password is called the Master Password.

If you can't remember the password when you installed and 1st opened 1Password. Then simply delete it from your phone (1Password app) and reinstall you will be asked to setup a pin and password again.

thightower wrote:

kagy

thightower, will resetting the password work? I use the same master password with iPhone as I do on the computer, and am certain that out of the 14 attempts at inputting it, one of them was correct. I am able to sync via wi-fi, so everything is proper on the phone, hence am reluctant to reinstall; however, I would like to at least be able to access the dropbox sync - although with wi-fi, I'm not sure why I need it.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2012
    I use the same password on both (Mac and iPad) with the exception of the my iPhone where i use a smaller easier to type one.

Believe it or not when I first installed the iOS version I swear I used the same one and it didnt work. lol Be 100% when typing it in its the same one.

The wifi doesnt incorporate the same process. Well not entirely. You can reset the device and once you get it up and going it will work wonders.

The Dropbox sync is faster and you can access it while out and about. This is really useful so you dont have to remember to sync.

Edit:
    There was an issue sometime ago where it would not properly save a password but that was good while back and I dont think it would affect you Its really been quite a while back. I am strongly leaning to resetting the PW/database on the iPhone etc as I feel that will solve your issue.
  • kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

There was an issue sometime ago where it would not properly save a password but that was good while back and I dont think it would affect you Its really been quite a while back. I am strongly leaning to resetting the PW/database on the iPhone etc as I feel that will solve your issue.

Success. Thank you, as always, great support.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. On behalf of thightower, you are quite welcome! :-)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.