Feature Request: Opera Support

avinator
avinator
Community Member
edited January 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I know I am opening another can of worms, but I would like to see an extension for Opera since now they support extensions. Is there anything the community can do to pursue you guys to speed up the process and release that long awaited Opera extension ?

Cheers (beer)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the vote, avinator! There are many factors affect the feasibility of new features and customer interest is definitely one of them. :)

Cheers, indeed! (beer)
  • BrianT
    BrianT
    Community Member
    Do you plan to provide an extension so that 1P will work with the Opera browser (and Lion)?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1Password integrates with the current stable versions of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on OS X Lion. At this time there is no immediate plan to support Opera, but we never say "never". I will certainly pass your request along to the developers!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    Yes, I'm now also using Opera, and would find also 1Password browser support for Opera valuable.

But since Apple stopped Rosetta support, I'm still on Snow Leopard, and will be until I have the time to research and find a way to transfer all the valuable history I have in Power PC to more up to date Intel... But Snow Leopard continues to have many users, old-timers like me seem to be reluctant to move up to Apple's OSX latest releases.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We appreciate the feedback, Chris! I'll make sure the developers get your request.

Cheers,
  • 1User
    1User
    Community Member
    Please make a extension for Opera!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the vote, 1User! :)
  • Registered here today just to throw in my support for this request as well. I recently discovered that Opera is actually something I like now--enough so that I now dislike the other browsers, but for the lack of 1Password support. So far I am just copying passwords off of the 1Password app and saving them in Opera's password manager, but I'm unsure of the security measures the browser takes in order to protect my data (I shall have to do some snooping tomorrow)--plus, 1Password simply does a better job in this area.

I actually checked out Lastpass today, but it wasn't to my liking (and I had data import issues). So...Opera extension, please!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, tiltowait! We don't normally discuss future plans, but I'll certainly pass your vote for this along to the developers. :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!
  • froderick
    froderick
    Community Member
    Please add my vote to those above. I've come back to Opera after not using it for a while, and like what I'm seeing in current versions.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the vote, froderick!
  • andyselby
    andyselby
    Community Member

Add my voice to the folks wanting Opera support. This browser is so fast and smooth to use, I would love to have my beloved password manager available in it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! Will do. Thanks for the kind words, @andyselby. :)

• AbdulElah
    AbdulElah
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Hi,
    today opera released it's new version of Opera with Webkit this time, they're using Chromium project to make it available, so I think it's now easier than ever to port Chrome extension to Opera.

http://www.opera.com/portal/next/

• bj_hd
    bj_hd
    Community Member

I would like Opera support too!
    Since Opera changed from WebKit to Chromium engine I really hope something is coming up.

• bj_hd
    bj_hd
    Community Member

That would be fantastic!
    What do the guys at agilebits say about it?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys!

We can't make any promises here but we'll definitely take a look. We'll try to update our response on this after 1Password 4 is released. It's high time we provided some more information about Opera and 1Password anyway. The previous (non-Blink) Opera was just not something we could work with but that may change in a post-Blink Opera. We won't know until after we look into it, so this is obviously just a note that we'll look into it and hopefully have better answers for you when things slow down a tiny bit around here. Our developers are hard at work on getting 1Password 4 for Mac ready for that beta we announced :)

• bj_hd
    bj_hd
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Thank you for this information AGKyle!
    I'm waiting so long for an Opera extension and now I have the feeling that something is just around the corner :-) (okay in the near future).
    Thanks again!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kyle, you are quite welcome! Please do no misconstrue his post as a promise or guarantee of anything, but it does help to know that there is interest. :)

• GuerillaGraphix
    GuerillaGraphix
    Community Member

Really would like to see that happen!

I will watch this thread closely. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers!

• floydstyle
    floydstyle
    Community Member

thanks alot guys for at least considering looking for it! I've stopped using Opera years ago when I switched to osx only because of the non support of 1P. I installed the google chrome ext and we can see the icon in the toolbar but nothing appear in the dropdown menu

thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We're aware of the current state of things but are focused on shipping 1Password 4 for Mac right now. We'll circle back to this after that happens. :D

• om3ga777
    om3ga777
    Community Member

Another Opera fan here ...

• Caio Bianchi
    Caio Bianchi
    Community Member

+1 for this.

• roberto
    roberto
    Community Member

+1 :) Also, let me know if you'd like anyone at Opera to support you on this.

Looking forward to 1P4!

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member

+1 Last thing that's holding me back from using Opera.

• aspicer
    aspicer
    Community Member

+1 The newest Opera version looks really promising.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for all the votes, folks. I'll make sure the developers know you are all interested. :D

• lordofwinds
    lordofwinds
    Community Member

+1 for this!

This discussion has been closed.