1Password at Windows startup

I'm new to 1Password and couldn't find this info in the user manual or searching the forum.

After installation the main 1Password app doesn't start at Windows startup. That is OK with me. However, when I start Firefox 16 the 1Password extension (and icon) are not active. I have to start the main 1Password app, then re-start Firefox to make it active than everything works fine.

Is this normal behaviour? Should I put 1Password in my startup folder? (I'd rather not). If this is necessary shouldn't their be an auto-start option in the main app?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the forums, itsmee222! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The main 1Password application does not need to be running in order to use the browser extensions. That is the job of the Helper which runs in the background and already should be starting automatically when you log in to Windows. It sounds like either the Helper is not starting or something is preventing it from communicating with the extension initially.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, please restart your computer and then generate a Diagnostics Report. Select **Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File** from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Once we see your report we should be able to help more. Thanks in advance!
  • itsmee222
    itsmee222
    Community Member
    I checked. The Helper does start up with Windows logon. It does not show up in Firefox, but if I close Firefox then re-open it it appears.
    This is probably a problem with Firefox not 1Password but do you have any idea why this might be happening?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The Helper is not visible. It is a background process. It sounds like you are referring to the Firefox extension which should be visible in Firefox as the "key" button in the toolbar. Have you emailed a Diagnostics Report yet?
This discussion has been closed.