Do I need another license for Mac - Parallels Windows?

Hello,

Would like to have 1Password on my Parallels Windows 7 on the same Mac machine. Do I need to purchase a separate license if I already have a Mac license?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Samantha! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

From the User Guide:

1Password for Windows requires a separate license, available in our store.

Note: Your 1Password license is platform-specific. This means that you need a 1Password for Mac license to register 1Password in OS X and a 1Password for Windows license to register 1Password in Windows.

To run 1Password for Windows in a Windows virtual machine (using software like VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop) or in a Boot Camp partition on your Mac you still need a 1Password for Windows license.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that you can copy and paste from 1Password for Mac into a virtual machine, so if you won't be using Windows very much, it may not be worth the additional cost to you.

If you email us a copy of your MAS receipt we can give you a discounted Windows license. (I could be mistaken, but I presume you purchased 1Password for Mac on the Mac App Store since there was no 1Password license associated with the email address you used to sign up for the forums.)

There is also the 1PasswordAnywhere feature which works in any modern Mac, Windows, or Linux browser. It would be more useful on a standalone Windows computer where you did not have 1Password for Windows installed, though, since it is read-only and wouldn't really provide much functionality beyond what you would already have with 1Password for Mac outside of the virtual machine.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
This discussion has been closed.