How to create a shared password database with dropbox synch?

Hi I am trialling 1Paswword.

My wife & I both have Windows PCs, and each also have mobile android devices.

We would both like to be able to update a shared password database from our Windows PCs. Also both view our password data by our android devices using your android app.

What is the best way to share a password database with another person if using dropbox for synchronisation? I realise that can only have one password file in a dropbox account. We don't need individual private password databases.

At present we each have our own dropbox account. Do we just put your database in the "public" drop box folder of one of our accounts, and then share that folder via dropbox facilities? if so what happens about your .settings file which seems to want to be in the dropbox root directory?

Is there any liklihood of the 1Password database becoming corrupted if there is an update collison from the multiple people with update capabilities? I realise that one could overwrite data entered by the other, but will the database otherwise be safe?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, barry4679! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

In your case, just use a single data file shared using Dropbox's "shared folder" feature to share the folder that contains your 1Password.agilekeychain data. For example, if your data is stored like this:

...\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Then you would share the "1Password" folder just inside the Dropbox folder.

Dropbox handles all the sync conflicts automatically. This is exactly what 1Password and Dropbox have been designed to do. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.