Dialog to save PWD pops up even if it is saved already

Hi friends,

I am using 1 Password now for 1,5 years and think it´s a great product, I always recommend it to friends.

I have a real small problem since months but since this bothers me now even in the newest environment I would like to clarify.

Whenever I open a login page, then fill in the parameters via 1Password Browser extension the login is exectuted and works - but 1 Password pops up a dialogue "do you wand to save..." - however those parameters have been saved long ago and heve even been just taken from 1Password..

Environment:
Firefox 17 (also occurred in 16), 1 Password 3.8.2, 1 Password FF extension 3.9.9
-Mini i7 dual core 2,7GHz(2011), 8GB RAM, Samsung SSD 830 (256GB), OS 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)

That Problem does not ccur under Safari or in any of my iDevices (iPads and iPhones).

Greetings
Bernie

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2012
    Thanks so much for your kind words, Bernie! We really appreciate your longtime support. :D

I'm sure we can get this resolved for you. Let's start with the basics.

The most common cause of the problem you describe is that the browser's own password manager is actually filling the information rather than 1Password. 1Password cannot check the login information to see if a login with that password already exists if 1Password is not actually filling in the form itself.

From your description, it sounds like you are actually using 1Password to fill the login information, so that may not be issue for you, but I wanted to make sure to mention it just in case. Can you confirm for me that you have disabled Firefox's own password manager?

In Firefox, go to Preferences > Security and UNCHECK Remember passwords for sites.
  • khad wrote:

In Firefox, go to Preferences > Security and UNCHECK Remember passwords for sites.

Hello Khad,

I am still using FF Passwords for those logins which open a separate dialog and for which 1Password cannot automatically fill that. I remember that has been reportet an open issue to you (I don´t know the current status). Therefore I have not unchecked above setting. Maybe this mixed environment is a kind of a problem.

In Safari I am using the same mixed environment, but Safari does not store PWDs locally but uses the central MAC-OS key management system (in German this App is called "Schlüsselbundverwaltung", I don´t lnow how this App is called in English). In Safari as I menntioned that problem does not exist.

To make sure you understand:The problem exists only in FF.
    The user/password parameters are filled in via 1Password Browser extension, then the login is executed and 1Password pops up the dialogue "do you want to save...". For PWDs stored within FF the login is automatically executed by FF immediately upon starting that page - there is no involvement of 1Passowrd.

I hope this clarifies a bit
    Greetings
    Bernie
  • Attached are 2 Screenshots.
    Greetings
    Bernie
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thank you for the screenshots. That is not 1Password prompting you to save the password. It is Firefox prompting you to save the password in Firefox's own password manager. If you disable Firefox's password manager you will not have the problem.
  • Hi Khad,

appologies, I should have noticed that, sorry for bothering you with that problem.
    I guess I will have to buy you a beer - next Munich Oktoberfest would probably be a good plan...

Greetings,
    Bernie
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hoch! (beer) Hoch! (beer) Hoch! (beer)
This discussion has been closed.