Singing the praises for 1PasswordAnywhere

One of the features in 1Password that I love, and depend on, is 1PasswordAnywhere. I'm not sure it gets much attention, so I thought I'd start a thread on it, to make sure people know of it, how great it is, and to make sure Agilebits knows how important it is to its customers so that they don't ever get rid of it :)

I have incredible piece of mind knowing that, by memorizing my Dropbox password and of course 1Password password, I can get access to my information from anywhere I have internet and computer access. Even if I forgot my laptop at home. Even if I forgot my iPhone. If I've got access to a computer with internet access, I'm good to go.

When I first started using 1Password, I didn't think much of it. Until the time I didn't have any of my own hardware, and needed to access a site. It was fantastic.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Awesome! Thanks so much for posting about this, Paco. There are new 1Password users all the time, and 1PasswordAnywhere along with Command-\ and the other keyboard shortcuts are some of my favorite tips for new users. :D
  • Kengel
    Kengel
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Something I was unaware of - but pretty cool - even though I do have 1P on my Macs, iPad and Android phone...

It ALSO however brings to the front the need for an extremely secure Dropbox.

Time to update those Dropbox passwords kids!
  • Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Kengel,

Don't forget - even if someone get's into your Dropbox account, they would still need your 1Password password to access the file. So while a good Dropbox password is definitely important, if you've got a solid 1Password password, there's nothing to worry about ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Kengel wrote:

Something I was unaware of - but pretty cool - even though I do have 1P on my Macs, iPad and Android phone...

It ALSO however brings to the front the need for an extremely secure Dropbox.

Time to update those Dropbox passwords kids!

Don't forget to activate 2 step verification on Dropbox (and on all your other accounts) as well.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Don't forget to activate 2 step verification on Dropbox (and on all your other accounts) as well.

Please read our "1Password users should wait a bit before trying Dropbox’s two-step verification" blog post for some important information (as well as specific instructions if you are still feeling adventurous).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Please read our "1Password users should wait a bit before trying Dropbox’s two-step verification" blog post for some important information (as well as specific instructions if you are still feeling adventurous).

If I understand that correctly the keywords are backup, backup and backup (and Dropbox is not backup). Backup both the actual 1Password file and the emergency code.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Nailed it. :)
This discussion has been closed.