General Discussion - gifts

Gee I wish there were a general discussion forum instead of platform specific only!

Anyway, I'm a very long time 1P user on OSX and in more recent years iPad and Android as well.

My husband is desperately unorganized and I want to give him the GIFT of 1P for the holidays this year. He's on Windows thus my post landed here.

1. Is there a way to GIFT 1P to someone?

He needs the whole package Win, iPad, Android - (he just recently started a Dropbox account).

If I got him this gift and then an impending update comes out - is the upgrade to the next version free? I'm talking about 1P4 for iOS specifically, though other updates may apply under Windows etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    The lounge is s great place for platform agnostic discussions. :)

But if you are looking to gift 1Password for Windows it is a bit different than the other platforms.

Simply visit our online store and check the "This is a gift" box when you are checking out.

Agile_Store_%C2%BB_Checkout-20121202-021916.png

The Android reader is free, so there is no need to gift that. :)

App Store apps can be gifted via the App Store. Just select "Gift This App" from the dropdown menu.

http://www.imore.com...tunes-app-store

1Password 4 for iOS wil be a completely new app, so it will require a separate purchase. It will be available upon first release with a special introductory price to celebrate and help folks migrate. There is not a way to gift an app that has not been released yet, so you'll need to wait for the release of 1Password 4 for iOS if you wish to gift it.

1Password for Windows follows our standard upgrade policy for apps purchased from our own online store:

Major new releases will require a paid upgrade, but it will be a discounted upgrade for paid license holders. Those who purchase 1Password within 45 days of any major upgrade will be able to upgrade for free. (Going from any version of 1Password 3 to any version of 1Password 4 is called a major version upgrade and will be paid, except if you purchased your license within 45 days prior to the new version’s release.)

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please let me know. I'd be happy to assist you further.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.