Contemplating purchase

Hi all-

I've been going though the forums and FAQ's a bit, and am contemplating a purchase of 1Password, but before I jump in I'd like to be able to validate some of what I think I learned, as some of the comments/reviews elsewhere have me a bit uncertain.

My situation:
  1. Two Mac computers, one iPhone and one iPad.
  2. All are linked to same iTunes account.
  3. Considering purchase of 1Password for Mac and 1Password Pro for iPhone/iPad.
  4. Fine with using Dropbox to sync between.

Questions:
  1. If I get 1Password 3.9.6 for the Mac and 1Password Pro 3.7.2 for the iPhone/iPad from the Mac App Store, will both be eligible for the free upgrade to version 4 when released? I'm sure this is an oft-repeated topic/question and the FAQ's, etc, seem pretty clear but some of the comments I've read make me think it wise to verify.
  2. The 1Password Pro for iPhone/iPad seems to indicate it's optimized for iPhone 5, and I'm curious about retina support on the iPad 3. Not a huge deal for me (I do like the fancy graphics) but again some comments I've seen make me unsure about the real level of retina support on the iPad (seems if I'm right support for retina display on MBP is there, but on the iPad I'm not sure).

Thanks for clarifying for me. Looking forward to using the product.

Bill

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Bill! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

The deal we are offering at this time is that all Mac App Store copies of 1Password come with a free upgrade to Mac version 4 when it is released.

1Password 4 for iOS will be a brand new app and require a separate purchase, however, it will be sold at a special introductory price to celebrate and help folks migrate. Even if you purchase both 1Password 3 and (later) 1Password 4 for iOS, you will not pay more than the regular 1Password 4 for iOS price.

9.99 1Password Pro (version 3, our existing universal iOS app)
    7.99 1Password 4 for iOS introductory price

17.98 1Password 4 for iOS regular price (okay technically it is 17.99) ;)

As for Retina support, 1Password for Mac is fully Retina today. 1Password on iPad has Retina assets, but is not fully Retina today. 1Password 4 is Retina from the ground up. (In fact, we've actually caught a few instances in the beta testing where there were only Retina assets, and we had to make sure we had the 1x assets as well before the release.)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Thanks very much for the quick reply Khad. Just what I needed.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm happy to help! If you ever have any other questions you know where to find me. :D

Enjoy the rest of your week,
  • hi khad, I want to know if the discount for the iOS version it´s going to be for all the people or just for the one´s who already have the previous version?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, juandp77! You may not know this already, but Apple has made it impossible to offer special upgrade pricing only to people who have a different version of an app. This is something Apple enforces across the entire App Store; it is not unique to 1Password. In light of that, our options were: (1) be generous to everyone with a special sale price or (2) be generous to no one with no sale. We prefer to be generous to everyone, so we will be offering 1Password 4 for iOS at a special introductory price. There is no requirement to take advantage of the special introductory price. It is the same for everyone. :)

I hope that helps. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.