Safari 5 upgrade - no longer able to fill using Wallet

greghelland
greghelland
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Ever since I upgraded to Safari 5 on a MacBook Pro, the function that fills a web page with my credit card info from the Wallet does not work. I am using 1Password 3.2.1. Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Alex Knight
    Alex Knight
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    You need version 3.2.2 which adds support for Safari 5. I would check preferences and make sure you have the auto-update feature turned on to check for updates once a day. This way you get notified of critical updates.

The latest download and changelog explaining what was updated is here: http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password/versions#v30657

Ever since I upgraded to Safari 5 on a MacBook Pro, the function that fills a web page with my credit card info from the Wallet does not work. I am using 1Password 3.2.1. Any help would be grateful.
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi greghelland. Welcome to the forums. Alex is right (thanks Alex!), please try upgrading to 3.2.2. If the issue persists, please let us know.
  • loren
    edited December 1969
    after the latest update from apple, my 1pass does not auto fill, it automatically starts safari, but does not autofill, or activate the password page. I have tried the suggestions on the 1pass website.

when attempt to update 1password, it says I am using the latest version, 2.12.1 is what my 1 password version is....???

any help woud be appreciated,

loren
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    loren, 1Password 2 does not officially support Safari 5 in Leopard. You might want to try this trick to enable support, but realize that this will “void your warranty,” is completely unsupported, and not for the faint of heart.

If you are not comfortable editing .plist files (or don't even know what that means), you should probably upgrade to 1Password 3.

When you do, you will also gain a whole bunch of other great features like 1PasswordAnywhere, support for storing software licenses, file attachments, tags, iPhone & iPod touch syncing, a beautiful new interface, and much more.

With all that out of the way, if you are still interested in the hack, Mac OS X Hints has a pretty clear explanation of it:

Use 1Password 2.x in Safari 5 for Leopard
  • jnesmith
    jnesmith
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I have upgraded to 1Password 3.2.2 and it still does not work correctly with Safari 5 UNLESS I open the 1Password app before opening Safari. I have tried all suggestions from Agile's website, including removing cache and all files in ~Library/Application Support/1Password.

If I open Safari before 1Password, the 1P button and shortcut to fill does not show up (or work). If I close Safari, open 1Password (don't have to logon), THEN open Safari, everything works fine.
  • loren
    edited December 1969
    thanks for the info, others seem to be having the same trouble even with 1 pass 3...I'll try upgrading anyway, since I am not a computer genius.

thanks again khad,
    loren
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    jnesmith wrote:
    I have upgraded to 1Password 3.2.2 and it still does not work correctly with Safari 5 UNLESS I open the 1Password app before opening Safari. I have tried all suggestions from Agile's website, including removing cache and all files in ~Library/Application Support/1Password.

If I open Safari before 1Password, the 1P button and shortcut to fill does not show up (or work). If I close Safari, open 1Password (don't have to logon), THEN open Safari, everything works fine.

It sounds like the 1PasswordAgent isn't able to start on its own. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    loren wrote:
    thanks for the info, others seem to be having the same trouble even with 1 pass 3...I'll try upgrading anyway, since I am not a computer genius.

thanks again khad,
    loren

Welcome to the forums, loren!

Please let us know if you still have troubles getting 1Password 3.2.3 working with Safari 5. We're here to help in any way we can.
  • srgudd
    edited December 1969
    Great software. Certainly saved me time.

However, I am having an issue using the "Fill from Wallet" option.

Let alone the question of it functioning properly, I am not even able to find the option to do so when clicking on the tooltip icon on the safari and firefox toolbars.

Currently using safari 5.0 in spite of having 1Password 3.25. The same goes with Firefox build 3.6.4. I use a 10.6.4. OS build.

Comments welcome please.

sriram
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, sriram. If you have more than one identity or credit card saved, 1Password will display a submenu in your web browser: "Credit Cards" and "Identities". If you have only one credit card or identity saved, 1Password will display the name of that in the main menu, instead of displaying a submenu: "Fill Capital One" or "Fill Home Address".

Is it possible that this is what's causing confusion?
This discussion has been closed.