4.0b46 (400146) Display Weirdness After Editing Items In Folders

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
Is this bug reproducible?

Yes

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

IPad only.

A quick summary of the bug:

If you edit an item in a folder, a few seconds later the app displays another login item that is not in the folder.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

Select a folder with several items in it.
Edit the title of an item and touch Done.
Wait a few seconds and the app displays another login item that is not in the folder. The item you edited also becomes deselected.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Does this happen more consistently in portrait or landscape mode? Or does it happen in both?

When you are finished editing, the item that shows up and not found in the current folder you're viewing, can you tell me if this item is the first item in the first folder in the app?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    That's odd.

I normally use my iPad in landscape mode and was just able to reproduce the issue. I then switched to portrait mode to see if I got it there. I didn't. However switching back to landscape again I still got the deselection problem but not the display of the item not in the folder. It was not first in the list but was the first login item beginning with the letter B.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks. I'll take a look at this more carefully in the morning and try to get some more eyeballs on it as well.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    There seems to be something generally not quite right with item selection and the displayed item when you switch between folders.

If you select a new folder the item shown is the last one you had selected (and not in the newly selected folder). Same happens when you switch between categories. If you are viewing login items with one selected and switch to say notes you still see the previously selected login item. However if you switch to favourites it seems to display a favourite but not select one in the list.

I feel that the app should remember the most recently selected item in each area and when you navigate to a new area, the list should scroll to that item, select it and show the details. If that isn't possible or contravenes some sort of modal GUI style guideline then at least the behaviour should be consistent across the app.

I can no longer reproduce the original problem of the item display changing after an edit.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    A couple of crashes later and the problem is back. I can't attach screenshots because I've exceeded my global upload quota.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to try to have Mike help me track this down.

If you think it would help, please feel free to use any image hosting service to link screenshots. I use Skitch myself, but there are a bunch of other options.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    OK I'm all skitched up ;) How do I embed the images in the posts? I've just had to paste the links for now.

Demo mode is useful for bug reporting too :)

1. So open 1PW in demo mode. Navigate to say logins and select an item. Now navigate to the shopping folder and select an item e.g. eBay in the list. Edit that item.

skitch.png

2. Change the title of the item e.g. delete the last character and touch Done.

skitch.png

3. After a moment or two, the screen flashes, the eBay item becomes deselected and an item from the logins list is displayed in the right panel.

skitch.png
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Demo mode is definitely useful for bug reporting. And I took the liberty of embedding the images in your post. In the future you can click the image on the Skitch page to get the direct image link (to the PNG file) and then use the "Image" toolbar button in the forum's editor to embed the URL to the PNG. (Or just do what you did. That was fine too.) :)

I think there is actually a new bug now since I can't get the folders to show up in landscape. I'll file both to make sure.

Thank you for helping discover even another bug!
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Demo mode is definitely useful for bug reporting. And I took the liberty of embedding the images in your post. In the future you can click the image on the Skitch page to get the direct image link (to the PNG file) and then use the "Image" toolbar button in the forum's editor to embed the URL to the PNG. (Or just do what you did. That was fine too.) :)

I tried that but I was told I didn't have permission or something (can't remember exact error message).
    khad wrote:

I think there is actually a new bug now since I can't get the folders to show up in landscape. I'll file both to make sure.

Thank you for helping discover even another bug!

You're welcome.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Odd. There certainly shouldn't be any permissions issues with the Image button. It just a way to link to an externally hosted image. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

4.0b46_%28400146%29_Display_Weirdness_After_Editing_Items_In_Folders_-_AgileBits_Forums-20121214-231151.png
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    4.1b2 has mostly fixed this issue but there remains a problem with selected item memory in the Folders view. Didn't know if I should start a new thread or continue with this one.

Is this bug reproducible?

Yes.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPad

A quick summary of the bug:

1PW does not remember the last selected item in Folder view.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

1. Open 1PW in landscape mode. Select Favourites and any item in the list.

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

2. Do the same for the Logins category.

https://www.evernote...fc34cfa1e38a593

3. Do the same for the Recovery Passwords folder.

https://www.evernote...fc22fc3c71df656

4. No cycle through the Favourites, Categories and Folders again. You will notice that 1PW remembers the last selected item in Favourites and Categories but does not in the Folder view.

https://www.evernote...8d29a5383193484
    https://www.evernote...05f03af4d39affa
    https://www.evernote...a829c9cb6e326ab
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    I'm guessing the image error is related to the fact that you are using the link to the image page rather than the link to the image itself. In your case, the link needs to end in .png

Open one of the image links, then click the image so that you are viewing the image directly. (The "Click to enlarge" link is the will produce the same result.) Then copy the full URL to the image and use that.

For example:

Image page: https://www.evernote...12dcdcc9ca2cc1f

Direct link to image (obtained by clicking the image in the preceding link): https://www.evernote...d522/skitch.png

I've added the additional information you provided to the issue internally. I think there are a number of issues with the Folder view that we need to address. Hopefully we can get a fix out in the next build or two.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    kerchunk! That's the penny dropping. I should have spotted that myself. Sorry. :blush:
This discussion has been closed.