Command line tool?

DoctorOwl
DoctorOwl
Community Member
edited November 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Are there any command line options (or apple scripts) available for 1Password? Ideally I'd like one to lock the vault, and one to unlock the vault with my master password.

(Why? So I can store my master password in my watch, and use its proximity to automatically lock and unlock 1Password in the background.)

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Not presently. I know we have looked at (and dismissed as too insecure) AppleScript. I'll mention your request to the developers.
  • nikjft
    nikjft
    Community Member
    Are there ANY automation options? I'd love an easy way to add new passwords/accounts that didn't come from 1Password to begin with. I know reading is pretty insecure, but it seems like writing passwords might not be so bad.

--Nik
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thank you for letting us know you'd like to see some automation options. There are a whole slew of security ramifications in expanding 1Password in that way, and I'm not sure we have the resources at the moment to pursue that niche. If we end up venturing down that path, it is extremely important that we do it right the first time.

We never say "never", but I know this has come up a handful of times over the years. It simply hasn't seen the demand for the tremendous amount of work that would be required to implement it.

I'll definitely add your vote, though! Please keep the feedback coming. It helps us know what people are looking for in the way of additional features and fixes.
This discussion has been closed.