1Password 4 and Syncing

sundogg
sundogg
Community Member
I give up, I am at a total loss here. I bought 1Password 4 and I have it on my iPad (4th gen) and my iPhone 4, I also have 1Password 3.8.20 on my iMac. I also have 1Password 3 on my iPhone and iPad. All the 1Password 3's have all my passwords and info. However, for the life of me, I can't get that info into my 1Password 4. I have tried syncing thru iTunes (following Agile's instructions) and I have tried Cloud syncing with my IOS devices. 1Password 4 does the sync which lasts a couple of seconds but no info gets synced.

Do I need to remove Password 3 from my IOS devices first? Why didn't the new 1Password 4 just replace it? Hopefully I am just having a Duh moment, but I have hit a wall.

What am I missing?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, sundogg! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Dropbox is the recommended method of syncing since it is completely automatic and works across all supported platforms. (iCloud is iOS-only right now.) Here is our Dropbox sync setup guide if you have not already been syncing via Dropbox:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/Dropbox/dropbox-getting-started.html

As Roustem mentioned in the aforelinked thread, if you have been syncing via Dropbox, just use that option to migrate your data to the new version.

I hope that helps. Please let us know.

Cheers!
  • sundogg
    sundogg
    Community Member
    Thanks, I did the syncing via Dropbox and it worked. Still it seems a little odd that I have to use a third party app to sync, when it used to sync from within 1Password. I assume this is being worked on.

Thanks again
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. That is always good news. :)

Dropbox syncing was and is handled via the 1Password app on your mobile devices. The Dropbox mobile app is not required to sync 1Password data. The Dropbox client is only required on the desktop, and this has always been the case.
This discussion has been closed.