Support site and community forum are separate systems and require different credentials

jimturney
jimturney
Community Member
edited August 2012 in Lounge
I had a hard time getting here, to Forum.AgileBits.com, since I was only able to find (buried) links to the "public discussion forum" on the AgileBits website...so imagine my surprise to then not be able to log in to here using the 1Password Safari extension button! 1Password refused to enter data in the Username and Password fields of the log in window.

To think I've been bitching about websites that create log in forms that don't work with 1Password...and AgileBits is using incompatible log in forms!! I'll stop bitching about them.

....or am I missing something?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2012
    ....or am I missing something?

This is our community forum. The link you posted is to our support site. Sadly the support system we use employs language and a style that is similar to a forum. All support tickets opened on our support site begin private and can be made public. This community forum is entirely public.

Since they are two completely different systems, they use separate credentials.

I have never had any trouble saving or filling a Login here on the community forum. If you're having trouble, please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials on the login page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample Login at:

http://forum.agilebi...l&section=login

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    http://forum.agilebits.com

http://support.agilebits.com/discussions

Both these cover the same stuff, but require different log-in data (this one a user NAME and the other a user EMAIL address.

Why not merge them?
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    http://support.agile...ersion-4-vs-372

Enquiring minds want answers.

Specifically the "version 4 vs 3.7.2" thread.
  • Catcher
    Catcher
    Community Member
    Enquiring minds would like to know why you're posting in two separate forms - actually why are there two separate forms?

Cant b bothered to go to your other topic near this one - attorneys :)

Have a lovely day.
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Catcher wrote:

Enquiring minds would like to know why you're posting in two separate forms - actually why are there two separate forms?

Have a lovely day.

I've asked that same exact question up in the lounge area: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/11568-why-two-seperate-forums/
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Romad,

I merged your post with this existing thread on the same topic. Please see above and let me know if you have any additional questions. :)

Happy holidays!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Hello again, Romad.

I've replied to all of your posts on our support site as well as merging both of your posts on the same topic into this exist thread for it. Again, the short version is that this is our public community forum and the other link is for our private support site. While it is possible to make a discussion public on the support site it is not designed to such a use and attracts a lot of spam posts, so we stick to this community forum for public discussion and the support site for private discussion.

I'd love to help you, but just so we're not duplicating efforts can you tell me if you would prefer to receive assistance privately on the support site or publicly here on the community forum?

I'll help you out whichever one you choose. :)
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Then eliminate the support "forum" and use email for PRIVATE support like everyone else does. This will save a lot of confusion for your customers.

BTW, I found what may have been a problem with being notified of posts. It was set to "Daily Digest"; I've changed it to "Immediate" so we'll see what happens in the future. Of course, I was subscribed to the topic I'd created, not this one so it may be moot.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Then eliminate the support "forum" and use email for PRIVATE support like everyone else does. This will save a lot of confusion for your customers.

I agree and wish it were that simple. I honestly do. It's definitely our goal, but we need to get a number of things lined up on the back end to make it happen. We're not there yet, but hopefully we will be soon.

For now, I'd absolutely encourage you to just ignore the other support site if you find it confusing. Email us for private discussions and use this community forum for public discussion.

BTW, it would have been couteous if you had at least INFORMED me that you'd relocated my thread; I looked all over the place to find it and only accidentaly stumbled on it BURIED here.

If you were "following" the thread you should have received an email notification when a reply was posted. Of course, that's entirely theoretical since IP.Board seems to have a mind of his own when it comes to actually sending notifications. :S

Your best bet is to use your "Find Content" button on your profile page. That will show all your posts no matter where they are and even indicate which topics have unread posts in them.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in this regard.
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I agree and wish it were that simple. I honestly do. It's definitely our goal, but we need to get a number of things lined up on the back end to make it happen. We're not there yet, but hopefully we will be soon.

Hopefully I read this right... your goal is to eliminate the other forum and not this community forum... correct?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Correct.
This discussion has been closed.