Access all logins and cc details in built-in web-browser

pw998c
pw998c
Community Member
Hi
Do you plan on developing a means of accessing any login, cc or identity data when using the built in browser in 1password pro app on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)?

I love the app and find it really useful to be able to use it to login to websites directly, particularly as I share my iPad with my wife. But the biggest problem is when I login to websites and then try to purchase items. Either I need to access cc details (but can't without leaving the built in browser), or the website calls up a banking security login, but the web address doesn't enable that login via your form filling button.

My only option is to go to safari and start all over again and begin copying back and forth.

If you could enable some sort of ovelay or ability to swipe the browser to the side I could then copy and paste the login details i want.

Any thoughts.

Paul

Comments

• pw998c
    pw998c
    Community Member
    You guys did it. Great job on 1password 4.
    Can I get credit for the idea ;-)
  • Thank you!
  • JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    pw998c wrote:

...the biggest problem is when I login to websites and then try to purchase items. Either I need to access cc details (but can't without leaving the built in browser), or the website calls up a banking security login, but the web address doesn't enable that login via your form filling button.
    My only option is to go to safari and start all over again and begin copying back and forth.

I'm a long-time user and lover of 1PSW for the Mac, and I've been a 1PSW3 for iPad user for several months. I'm now mulling whether or not to upgrade to 1PSW4. But honestly, the main reason for me to update would be so that my iPad experience with 1PSW can more closely parallel my great experience with 1PSW on the iMac.

Before I say anything further, please know that I'm certainly not going to excessively chatise the great people from AgileBits. You guys make a great product. But the fact remains that Apple ties your hands with regard to what you can do on iOS, and it is on that point I wish to comment.

More specifically, I appreciate the topic of this thread because it presents an important point of consideration for those pondering an upgrade to 1PSW4. When I browse the web on my iPad, I perpetually fill out forms and make purchases with my credit card. And honestly, who doesn't do that? Until now, the limitations that Apple has imposed on developers like AgileBits have made it such that 1PSW users like myself are forced to switch between mobile Safari and 1PSW to copy and paste data. That's a real pain; and like I said, Apple must take the full blame for that stupid way of doing things. And that's why I'm seriously considering an upgrade to 1PSW4 – to ease my burden in filling out forms and credit card data WITHOUT being forced to switch back-and-forth between mobile Safari and 1PSW. But if the original author of this thread (Paul) is correct about our not being able to conveniently access credit card data from within the new Web Mode (1PSW's new built-in browser), then I would basically be in the same boat I am in now with 1PSW3. And in such a case, since the other improvements in version 4 have significantly less impact on me, why then would I wish to update to version 4 at this point in time (other than to merely get a lower price)?

So I do not view "credit card data entry in Web Mode" to be a superfluous add-on with limited appeal. Rather, I see it as a central feature that would provoke me to make an upgrade to version 4 in the first place. No doubt most 1PSW users out there feel the same.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! All of us on the team here are also glad that 1Password 4 for iOS has the ability to fill Credit Card and Identity items. It is very handy. :)
  • JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    Khad, thank you for the quick reply; but I must admit I'm a little confused now. I'm trying to harmonize the words of Brenty above who says 1PWD4 lacks the credit card entry in Web Mode (your new browser) with your words that claim the feature already exists! Again, Brenty is claiming that this is something Agile would like to add in a future version (implying 1PSW4 lacks it now).. So could you please clarify what is what?

Thanks again.
  • tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member
    Brenty's post was
    JDW wrote:

Khad, thank you for the quick reply; but I must admit I'm a little confused now. I'm trying to harmonize the words of Brenty above who says 1PWD4 lacks the credit card entry in Web Mode (your new browser) with your words that claim the feature already exists! Again, Brenty is claiming that this is something Agile would like to add in a future version (implying 1PSW4 lacks it now).. So could you please clarify what is what?

Thanks again.

Brenty's post was from months ago, when the feature was nonexistant (he is refering to 1PW3 for iOS). The new version of 1Password for iOS (version 4) now incorparates the idea that the Original Poster wanted. So 1P3 does not have the feature, but 1P4 does.
  • pw998c
    pw998c
    Community Member
    Apologies to all if my reopening this thread has confused some confusion.

My intention was to thank the great work of agilebits for implementing a feature in all the glory that I could have hoped for (and more) and naively assume it was just because of my great suggestion :-D

My original comment opening this thread some time ago was based on 1P3.

Time has passed and 1P4 now comes with an amazing built in browser. Through this browser you have access to autofill all your identities, wallet items (credit cards) and logins.
    If this wasn't enough, if the item does not automatically appear (e.g. a bank login is presented in a frame or something) then you can just swipe back to ALL your 1P data and copy from there before swiping back to your browser. Amazing.

So, JDW, in summary my view is, buy it and buy it now before 31 Dec whilst it is still on sale!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Haha! Thanks for following up. Don't tell anyone else, but it really was implemented just because of and for you. :lol:

Happy holidays!
This discussion has been closed.