Login requires more then one page

I just got one password (iPad/iPhone) and so far I'm liking it ,but I'm also learning. I have a question I'm hoping to get help for. Here is my question:

Some sites I go to have one page for login id and then it goes to another page for password. Can one password handle this and if so how do I do it?

TIA

Mike

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Mike! Thanks for purchasing 1Password. Depending on the site, you can either save one Login item and fill it once on each page — 1Password will fill the correct piece of information on each page — or you can create a separate Login item for each page. Sometimes that works better on some trouble sites.

Please let me know how it goes and what the URL is if you are still having trouble.

Merry Christmas!
  • khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, Mike! Thanks for purchasing 1Password. Depending on the site, you can either save one Login item and fill it once on each page — 1Password will fill the correct piece of information on each page — or you can create a separate Login item for each page. Sometimes that works better on some trouble sites.

Please let me know how it goes and what the URL is if you are still having trouble.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for such a quick reply. I'm not sure how to do what you suggested, but let me tell you little bit about the site. It is a credit union site. The first page asked for your account number and the second page then asked for your password or pin number. One password fills in the first page account number just fine, but the second page will not fill-in.

In one password I'm using my account number under the username and pin# under password. Do I need to do it differently?

Merry Christmas to you and I hate to bother you on this Christmas Day but thanks for your help.

Mike
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    "Please let me know … what the URL is…" :)
  • khad wrote:

"Please let me know … what the URL is…" :)

Here is the URL https://www.macu.com/
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    "Mac U" seems like an appropriate name. Is their building all white with employees in blue t-shirts? Okay, bad joke. I know it stands for Mountain Area Credit Union. :)

It is working well in my testing. Here is what I did. In 1Password 4 on my iPhone, I tapped the "+" button to create a new Login item in Vault mode. Then I gave it a sensible title, input "guest" for the username and "testing" for the password. The URL I entered was the one you provided since the login form is right on the home page: https://www.macu.com/

Once the Login item was saved, I tapped its URL to open it in the built-in browser in 1Password 4. On my iPhone the mobile version of the site loaded so both username and password were on the same page and filled in:

skitched-20121226-161017.png

On my iPad, when I tapped the URL in the Login item the regular home page loaded and the username was filled in:

skitched-20121226-161144.png

Then I tapped the "Login" button on the page underneath the "Login ID" field where the username was filled in. On the next page I tapped the Login ("keyhole") button in 1Password's toolbar and selected the Login item again to fill the password on the next page. It was filled in without any trouble.

skitched-20121226-161436.png

Please let me know if you are still having trouble. I can't seem to get it to fail. Hopefully we can figure out where the problem for you and get it resolved. :)
  • I am really sorry as I gave you the wrong URL. This is the one I should've gave you https://webaccess.americafirst.com/afcu/login.aspx

The one I gave you does work in mobile mode, but not in desk top from my ipad.
  • I have got them working now. It was my fault, I just didn't know what I was doing. Thank you for all your help.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.