1PW 4.0.3

Locker
Locker
Community Member
1PW 4.0.3
iPhone iOS 6.0.2
Dropbox sync (w/Mac & PC) [didn't check the PC yet]

Skipping the praises (which you do deserve) :)

1) When the password field is already revealed, hovering over still shows 'reveal'

2) Generating new Pronounceable passwords, when digits or symbols are requested, gives passwords with only lower cases and dashes. If this is what you intended, the bars for Digits & Symbols should be grayed out. (although presence of numbers, and even some symbols, still seems pronounceable to me). Upper cases can be useful too.

2a) The password strength does not update itself when I type or delete characters from the password.

3) No landscape mode? (I have long entries for the names of items)

4) Global search, over all categories or all folders, would be useful.

--

When I just upgraded fro 1PW 3.x to 4.x, It took me a while to realize that I should enter the master password of the 1PW for Mac, not of the1PW for iPhone. Now I am calm again :)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the feedback (and implied praise), Locker!

1. This is a known issue. Should be resolved in an update.
    2. Good points. I'll pass your feedback along to the developers.
    2a. If you are manually editing the password it is obviously no longer random, so I'm not sure how accurate the strength meter would be in that case, but I'll mention this to the devs as well.
    3. Not in Vault mode on the iPhone, no. The fields should wrap if they are long. Perhaps if we see enough demand for landscape orientation in Vault mode on iPhone we can re-evaluate this. So far, I think this is the first request for it we've seen.
    4. Tap "All Items" at the top of the list of Categories. Then search. :)

Please keep the feedback coming and have a wonderful holiday! :D
  • Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

2a. If you are manually editing the password it is obviously no longer random, so I'm not sure how accurate the strength meter would be in that case, but I'll mention this to the devs as well.

Well, I am just adding my own random symbols like @#$;% etc, at random locations, or changing lower case to upper case. It should increase the strength of the password and evaluated and reflected in the meter.

khad wrote:

3. Not in Vault mode on the iPhone, no. … Perhaps if we see enough demand for landscape orientation in Vault mode on iPhone we can re-evaluate this. So far, I think this is the first request for it we've seen.

PW3 could do it. I assume that people are still overwhelmed by the goodness packed in PW4, that they didn’t request (yet) the simple things :)

khad wrote:
    The fields should wrap if they are long.

Not the name of the entry. It cuts of after 20 characters or so.

khad wrote:

4. Tap "All Items" at the top of the list of Categories. Then search.

Yes indeed. I found it. Great.

Meanwhile: I have "there was a problem with the Dropbox service". But I'll write about it separately (after checking other reports).

THANKS!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Well, I am just adding my own random symbols like @#$;% etc, at random locations, or changing lower case to upper case. It should increase the strength of the password and evaluated and reflected in the meter.

If you are adding it manually it is not random, but I think the strength meter should reflect the estimated strength as it does even for manually entered passwords on the desktop.

PW3 could do it. I assume that people are still overwhelmed by the goodness packed in PW4, that they didn’t request (yet) the simple things

I can't say that we tried to strictly adhere to UI/UX conventions of Contacts for Vault mode and Safari for Web mode, but just for reference Contacts does not have a landscape layout. Safari and 1Password's built-in browser both do. I've mentioned your request to the developers. :)

Not the name of the entry. It cuts of after 20 characters or so.

Ah. Yes. There are some wrapping issues which should be resolved in an update. We appreciate your patience in that regard.

Meanwhile: I have "there was a problem with the Dropbox service". But I'll write about it separately (after checking other reports).

We'll follow up there.

THANKS to you as well!
This discussion has been closed.