Settings Menu

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member
Just a small request. Is it feasible to move the "Troubleshooting" section into the main "Settings" section, rather than under "Advanced"? It's one extra click to get there, that doesn't seem necessary.

Comments

• Well, we really hope that Troubleshooting is not needed for the majority of 1Password users :)
  • HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    I just like to look at the Sync logs once in a while, and I don't think that necessarily think that Troubleshooting belongs in Advanced.
  • Hi Henry,

We understand but the key is to avoid showing those options to majority of users who do not need it, so, we do not plan to change this.

However, can you give us an idea why you need to look at your Sync Logs every once in while, we could move this into the Sync section as another idea to consider.

Please let me know.
  • HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Hi Mike,

It's mostly for depth of information. I have had sync issues in the past, which I've filed a bug report over, but mostly the Sync/Syncing icon doesn't actually tell you if the Sync was successful, merely that the syncing process is finished (yes, I know that if a Dropbox sync error occurs, a warning will show up). It does give me a good assurance that the changes from my desktop have propagated correctly to iOS.

It also just seems kind of illogical to me that the Troubleshooting section should be tucked away under Advanced (options). Seeing as how nothing in Troubleshooting is a toggle or changes anything (unlike Erase Data or Demo mode), it would seem most logical to put Troubleshooting at the same level as Advanced, Security, Display, and Sync. It seems everything in Troubleshooting is purely informational (viewing/sending logs).

This is just my opinion anyways. I understand if you wish to keep things the way they are.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.