Password change workflow

Hi all,

What is the best password change workflow. I now have 1Password setup and knowing most of my logins, however since these are my older passwords they are often not long enough or unique to each site/service. So I am starting the work to move to unique & strong passwords everywhere. I have done the major / important ones but now I am on to the 60+ smallers sites and the time and effort it takes seems slow to me.

1) Go to site / service in my browser (firefox 17.0.1)
2) Login using the browser extension
3) Find site / service change password page
4) Click on extension to change to not submit form.
5) Click to fill password (often fills new and old fields .. and if so delete from new fields)
6) Click on strong password generator in extenstion and adjust as needed to site requirements but try to minimum of 30 characters
7) Click fill to pass new password to site / service
8) Click confirm / submit on webpage
9) Open 1Password application
10) Go to generated passwords
11) use search to find site / service
12) copy password
13) go to login section
14) use search to find site / service
15) double click to edit
16) double click password
17) paste and save

So while this all works ... its seems ... no it is a bit of PITA

Am I missing a trick?

On one site / service 1password extension asked to save the login,which it did not it did not have the username so now I had two logins saved for that site/service. One with username and old password and one with new password but no username.

Thanks,
Esmond

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Esmond! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We're working to improve the process, but if you follow the steps in the user guide, you shouldn't have any trouble. In short, there are two parts: update the password online, update 1Password's local copy. Here are all the details:

Changing a Login's password

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.