incomplete display/rendering of note field in Secure notes 4.1 b/10

Steve_Joyner
Steve_Joyner
1Password Alumni
edited January 2013 in iOS
Is this bug reproducible?
Yes, 100%.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?
iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2 (10A551). 1PW 4.1b10. (Did not test iPad.)

Quick Summary of Bug
The notes field of a Secure Note item does not completely display/render if BOTH are true:
(1) it has at least four lines of text
(2) the fourth line contains a character string or word that breaks across the fourth line (at approx the 29th character position) onto the fifth line.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

From 1PW iOS
  1. Go to Categories-> Secure Notes

2. Create a new Secure Note. Name it Test1

3. Enter the following:
    this is a new note to see if it works with just a few lines of text to see if it works with just a few lines of text to see if it works with

4. Tap Save

5. Tap Secure Notes

6. Locate or search for Test1 Secure Notes entry.

7. Tap Test1

8. You should see the following:

noteA.png
    s

9. Tap Edit

10. After the last 'h' of 'with', enter a space and 'just' (it should break across the fourth line and onto the fifth line).

11. Tap Save

12. Tap Secure Notes

13. Locate or Search for Test1 Secure Notes entry.

14. You should see the following:
    s
    noteB.png
    (As you can see, the fifth line has not rendered completely; thus, you can't see the word [font=courier new,courier,monospace]just[/font].)
    s

15. Tap on the note field -- just tap, do not edit. It should "tweak" the field so that it now completely displays the text, as shown:

noteC.png
    s
    s

From 1PW OS X

I have been able to reproduce the same behavior (as noted above) on OS X (10.7.5) Build 11G63b

Comments

• Steve_Joyner
    Steve_Joyner
    1Password Alumni
    ATTN ADMIN

Please prepend the title of this post with '[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4.1b10'[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]
  • wailam
    wailam
    Community Member
    Confirming this bug exists for me as well. Found this topic so not adding another one. Added other details that may be useful.
    • iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1,1PW 4.1b14, 1PW 4.1b15 (upgraded from b14)
    • Number of lines did not make a difference for me. The text has to auto-wrap around the field area when entering text via keyboard or clipboard paste. I tried entering these 7 words without pressing Return
      Word word word word word word word

• Bug exists when adding or editing any Secure Notes item.
    • Bug did not exist on the 'notes' field type used in Logins/CreditCards category. Suspect different field type used in Secure Notes.

Hope this helps.
  • Thank you for the awesome bug report! Pictures make things so much easier :)

We'll get this fixed.
  • Steve_Joyner
    Steve_Joyner
    1Password Alumni

As for 4.2b9 this bug still remains.

This discussion has been closed.