Feature Req: Windows Server Account Type

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place, but here I go. Thinking a fantastic feature would be the ability to add a Windows Server Account type, as I have a lot of accounts that need recording :)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, BThompson! Is there a reason the existing "Server" item type would not work for you? (File > New Item > Account > Computer and Network information > Server) Please let me know.

Cheers!
  • BThompson
    BThompson
    Community Member
    Hey Khad,It doesn't give me options like Domain, RDP port etc, lots of stuff that I would love to have recorded in regards to windows server :). And don't really need the admin URL's etc. Another great one would be domain registrations :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback! Every item already has a Notes field for additional freeform information. You can enter anything you like in the Notes field. Custom fields should be available in the future, but I don't have a time frame for a specific release.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • BThompson
    BThompson
    Community Member
    Hey Khad,

Thanks heaps mate! I can't wait until that option is available for custom notes!! Hopefully with defineable fields? :)

In regards to syncing have you guys thought about implementing your own solution as opposed to using DropBox? I find DropBox to be extremely unreliable, not with 1P just in general! :) There was something else i wanted to mention to you but for the life of me i cannot remember what it is.

Thanks,

Brendan
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Haha! If you remember what the other thing was, I'll be here when you think of it. :)

We're looking at some other sync options, but Dropbox is the way for now. I can't discuss future plans, but I'll make sure the developers get your vote for this.

All the best,
  • BThompson
    BThompson
    Community Member
    Awesome thanks heaps Khad
This discussion has been closed.