What do I need to buy?

merrick777
merrick777
Community Member
I can't figure out what I need to buy (licenses) for this situation:
Personal use, non-commercial, Dropbox user.
1) Windows 7 Professional. 1password is installed (DEMO MODE) and successfully working with database on Dropbox. Chrome and FF extensions working.
2) Windows XP (Home Edition) computer, 1Password installed (DEMO MODE), browsers in use are FF and Chrome. The Chrome add-on has been installed and is working.
3) iPhone 4S - 1Password app purchased thru App Store. Looks to be working fine.
4) iPad - 1Password app is on it... I think iCloud automatically put it on when I purchased app on iPhone. When I open app on iPad, I'm asked if I want to create new database or sync existing. If I choose to sync existing, it tells me to open 1Password ON MY MAC (I don't have a Mac), and it gives me 2 secret codes to enter. I looked for a place to enter those codes on the Windows 7 computer but cant figure out where to enter the codes.
5) I will probably be buying a MacBook within a month and will want 1Password working on it.

So... All I've purchased so far is the iPhone app. When I click 'order now' from either laptop, what version and licenses do I need to buy? Do I need to purchase on each laptop? Will adding a new MacBook require another purchase?

Thanks so much for any/all help!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, merrick777!

1Password 4 for iOS is a universal app so it will work on all your iOS devices (presuming they are running iOS 6):

https://itunes.apple.com/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?ls=1&mt=8

You only need one copy for all your devices.

1Password for Widows will cover all your Windows machines as long as you are the only user of 1Password:

https://agilebits.com/store

There is only one of you, so we think you only need one Windows license.

1Password for Mac comes with a free upgrade to Mac version 4 when available if you purchase on the Mac App Store:

https://agilebits.com/downloads/1Password/MacAppStore

Again, one Mac license will cover an unlimited number of Macs (as long as you are the only user).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • merrick777
    merrick777
    Community Member
    Thanks Khad, but now I'm more confused...
    - You referenced a link to 1Password 4 for iOS. I bought 1Password v. 3.7.2 just two weeks ago. Now the version I bought is not even showing in the app store anymore. I paid $9.99 and I see that the new version is $7.99
    - You mentioned iOs 6.... my iPad is the iPad 1 which is running iOs 5.1.1. So it won't work??
    - From my original post, I have 2 windows computers and I may be buying a MacBook shortly - so I need to buy both versions?
    Thx
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    - You referenced a link to 1Password 4 for iOS. I bought 1Password v. 3.7.2 just two weeks ago. Now the version I bought is not even showing in the app store anymore. I paid $9.99 and I see that the new version is $7.99

From the FAQ:

I love supporting good software, but I literally just purchased a few weeks ago. Is there anything you can do?

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the wonderful new 1Password 4 and purchasing twice in a few weeks doesn’t sound like much fun.

If you purchased 1Password 3 for iOS after November 15th, 2012, let us know. Simply email your App Store receipt to GiveMe1Password4Please@agilebits.com and we’ll take care of you.

- You mentioned iOs 6.... my iPad is the iPad 1 which is running iOs 5.1.1. So it won't work??

Also from the FAQ:

Can I really install it on all my devices? Even older devices?

1Password 4 takes advantage of some powerful new features that are only available in iOS 6. That means you must be this tall to ride this ride:
    • iPhone 3GS or later
    • iPad (2nd gen) or later
    • iPod touch (4th gen) or later

But fear not! If you are still rocking an older device, we’ve got you covered. We know that you store your most important information in 1Password — we do too! — so we wanted to make sure you could still use 1Password 3 on your older devices if you needed to. Since 1Password 4 is such a substantial change and requires iOS 6, we decided to sell it as an all new app. That way you can still run 1Password 3 on your older devices without being forced to update.

1Password 3 will continue to be supported, and if you have previously purchased it you will be able to download it from your Purchases section in the App Store. In addition to continued support, 1Password 3 can sync its data with 1Password 4. This allows you to have access to all your data, even on devices that cannot be upgraded to iOS 6. Rock on!

- From my original post, I have 2 windows computers and I may be buying a MacBook shortly - so I need to buy both versions?

Correct. But if you email us a copy of your Mac App Store receipt, we would be more than happy to give you the bundle discount for a Windows license.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • merrick777
    merrick777
    Community Member
    Gotcha gotcha.... Thanks! So then this should be the last issue:
    merrick777 wrote:

When I open app on iPad, I'm asked if I want to create new database or sync existing. If I choose to sync existing, it tells me to open 1Password ON MY MAC (I don't have a Mac), and it gives me 2 secret codes to enter. I looked for a place to enter those codes on the Windows 7 computer but cant figure out where to enter the codes.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    That "Sync Existing" option on the 1Password for iPad Welcome Screen is only for Wi-Fi syncing. It does not work for Dropbox syncing. We've improved this in 1Password 4 for iOS to be less confusing. For now, just tap the other "New Database" button and then go into 1Password's settings and enable Dropbox syncing:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > ON
  • merrick777
    merrick777
    Community Member
    Ok, got it going w new database and enabling Dropbox sync on iPad 1.
    So this is the final word (pls just confirm):
    -I've sent my iTunes receipt for v.3 in already. Once you send me v4, I'll remove v3 from iphone 4S and install v4, but continue to run v3 on iPad 1.
    -I'll pay for Windows software and use on both windows computers.
    -When I buy MacBook, I'll buy Mac version.
    Good? Sorry for all the back & forth!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sounds like a great plan to me! Thank you for your support, and if you ever need anything else you know where to find me. :D
  • merrick777
    merrick777
    Community Member
    Khad, I got my macbook and installed 1password from the website (hadnt paid for Mac version yet). Then the demo time ran out and I tried to purchase. I saw it said 'avail in app store' so i went to app store and paid the $49. Although it was already installed, it gave me no other option than to install (again). But how do i get the license? Thx
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    As with all Mac App Store apps, there is no license key when you purchase 1Password for Mac on the Mac App Store. All Mac App Store apps are associated with your Apple ID which serves to authenticate the purchase. :)
  • merrick777
    merrick777
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    So i can just delete the first instance of the app - correct?
    Thx again for all yur help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Yep, if you have two copies installed, you can move the trial version to the trash. You only need the copy you downloaded from the Mac App Store. Even if you delete both of them, you can still reinstall 1Password from the Mac App Store at any time at no additional charge (and on all of your personal Macs if you have more than one). :D
This discussion has been closed.