Mobile Extensions

I had discussed this on twitter with a couple people and they thought it was a good idea and a doable idea. Some browsers (like 360 browser) allow third party extensions to their browser. If 1password was able to install a plugin like the one on the Mac/Windows platforms they could add passwords to their app by just clicking ok to add it to their own 1password application on 1password's iOS app and ect. I think this is a great idea and I cant wait to see what is said about it.

Andrew

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Andrew! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

It may be possible to integrate in some fashion with another iOS browser, but it is not possible to do so in a way that is secure enough to appease our Defender Against the Dark Arts. For now you can simply use the 1Password bookmarklet to open pages from any other browser in the 1Password app where things are secure by design. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • The reason for adding the extensions is not to open an already added password it instead is the ability to add new passwords to my repertoire in 1Password instead of having to add all of the passwords inside the app, which can be tedious.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for clarifying! We would love to be able to integrate with other iOS apps in a secure way, and I'm sure that if it ever becomes possible we will vigorously pursue such integration. I would love it myself, and I think I can speak for the rest of the team here and say that they would too. :) However, there just is not a secure way to do that in iOS right now.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Cheers,
  • Instead of having a browser inside of the 1password maybe make your own browser that integrates this functionality :P
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1Password is a browser. It also has a Vault mode.
This discussion has been closed.