Demo Mode: is it temporary?

Locker
Locker
Community Member
I usually try things myself and find the answer that way, or try to search it on the internet. This time I am being lazy and posing the question here:

Is switching to Demo Mode 'nondestructive'? i.e.:

Can I switch to Demo Mode to show 1PW to somebody for few minutes, and switch back to normal mode without losing any of my actual entries?

And what about the Dropbox sync? Will it demo a sync? Will it sync the demo entries and mess up my Dropbox 1PW files?

Are there any predefined demo entries?

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Locker wrote:

I usually try things myself and find the answer that way, or try to search it on the internet. This time I am being lazy and posing the question here:

Is switching to Demo Mode 'nondestructive'? i.e.:

Can I switch to Demo Mode to show 1PW to somebody for few minutes, and switch back to normal mode without losing any of my actual entries?

Yes. I do it frequently.

And what about the Dropbox sync? Will it demo a sync? Will it sync the demo entries and mess up my Dropbox 1PW files?

No it won't mess up your keychain.

Are there any predefined demo entries?

Yes. Try it and see :)
  • Locker
    Locker
    Community Member

it and see

Well, I dared to try. It works. No visible permanent damage. :)
    Thanks.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Great :) It's excellent for showing friends and for screenshots when submitting bug reports.
  • Hi guys,

Penelope is correct, it's a non-destructive temporary copy of a demo keychain which goes away once you unlock with your own master password. What happens is that when 1Password is unlocked with demo password, 1Password begins importing data from an export 1PIF file we stored within the main app's bundle. Your data file is not touched at all.

You can make changes to the demo data all you want but once you change back to your own data file, all traces of the demo are wiped out and next time you use it, 1Password'll import once again from the export file.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.