Forum Requests

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member

In general, I like the new forum but I miss a few things from the old one and I wondered if it were possible to have them with Vanilla forums:

1. I would really like the ability to mark the entire collection of forums as read.

2. I would like a breadcrumb trail shown at the top of each forum e.g. home > 1 Password > iPhone, iPod touch and iPad > when you are in 1 Password for iOS Beta. At the moment it only seems to be displayed at the bottom of a topic and the hierarchy seems incomplete.

3. Ability to follow a topic without contributing to it.

4. The ability to give kudos to someone who makes a great contribution to a thread.

Whilst I'm at it, what's the point of the bookmarks star? I can make it turn yellow but I can't see a collection of my bookmarks anywhere.

Comments

• melg
    melg
    Community Member
    edited January 2013

Agree with all points Penelope Pitstop. Thanks! Kudos to you. ;)

Would it be possible to add code that can detect if logging in using an iPhone or other phone and scale down the pages to fit on the smaller screens? I'm just talking about the forum.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I would like to see when the most recent entry was added, to whether there were new items since I last looked in. Both of these exist in other forums.

At present I have to open all the forums I look at, only to close them again if there is nothing new to me.

• Hi guys,

1. The Mark as Read is now available for the forums, you just visit the main page and hover over a forum to click on the gear icon to select Mark Read. The option for the sub-forums isn't yet available, I'll pass it on to our designers.
    2. Agreed, this really annoyed me as well.
    3. Yea, I can't find a way to follow threads either, I'll pass it on to the forum company.
    4. We're working on the kudos one last time I checked, the default settings for enabling this feature came with other stuff that we don't want. So, we've asked to enable kudos but not the rest. I don't know how long it'll take.
    5. @melg, I believe we're working on a mobile theme, it's just not finished yet.
    6. @danco, I'll check into that. I'd like the same feature.

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll keep improving the forums based on your feedback!

• melg
    melg
    Community Member

I believe we're working on a mobile theme, it's just not finished yet.

Looking forward. Thanks, MikeT.

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member

I am viewing this forum from IOS, and it displays in a mobile theme.

• MikeT
    edited January 2013

Both mobile and the desktop themes are in-progress, you guys are already looking at the latest version, we're working continuously to improve it based on your feedback.

• charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member

being vision challenged I would like to request that

the contrast between read and non-read be increased

• Hi Charlie,

I'm already way ahead of you on that one. I've requested it a while ago, they're still working on it.

• rvb
    rvb
    Community Member

hi,

maybe i'm an idiot but i can't find a way to start a new topic (i'm browsing this forum using the iOS 1Password built-in browser).
    is it me or... me?

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Tap the little icon on the top right that looks like a speech bubble. :)

• Hi guys,

The button is missing, I've alerted the designers (third party service) to bring it back (they made some changes and this was a bad side effect) and I don't know why it went away in the first place.

I truly apologize for the inconveniences, we'll get it back ASAP.

• rvb
    rvb
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

haha thanks!
    while they're at it, may i suggest they take a look at the portrait mode (iPad)? it looks a bit like a rough of the landscape mode...

• Oh, they know about it. :)

This discussion has been closed.