1PW chrome for mac browser extension not unlocking

Hi.

I have used 1PW with firefox for months with no problems. However, recently I have started to use chrome and the browser extension does not work. I have installed it fine following the posted directions but when putting in my master password and trying to unlock it in chrome it just stalls on "Please wait...." I cannot get it to unlock at all in chrome. It unlocks fine through the 1PW application and in the firefox extension. I am not sure what to do.

Please advise.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hi there,

Are there any extensions in the Chrome that could block 1Password from connecting? Try to disable all extensions except for 1Password, restart Chrome and see if it'll work.

• unphazed
    unphazed
    Community Member

No i disabled all other extensions, I also tried uninstalling reinstalling. I have disabled animations from the preferences pane as guided by other threads. I have also disabled them throgh the hidden menu. The extension works fine and has worked fine. I also just installed the safari extension and it works also.

I am not sure what to do.

• Hi,

In that case, please send us your diagnostic report to support@agilebits.com.

First, reproduce the problem you have in Chrome, so any possible errors are logged and then open 1Password. Go to the 1Password Menu > About 1Password to find out which version of 1Password you have.

• If you're using 1Password 3.8: To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to a response to the email.

• If you're using 1Password 3.9: you'll need to download our troubleshooting utility

Unzip it and then run it. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the Create Report button. Within a few seconds, a blue image should appear indicating the report is ready. There is now an Export button you can use to save the report and then attach it to your email to us.

Thanks!

• unphazed
    unphazed
    Community Member

Thanks for the help, but it seems after the safari browser extension was installed the chrome extension started working! I haven't had any problems since and I appreciate the timely customer support!

• digaaron
    digaaron
    Community Member

I'm having this exact same problem. And I already have the Safari extension installed. Just sent you a diagnostics report...

• Hi guys,

@unphazed, I'm glad it's working now. It's very strange that the Safari extension would change anything like that.

@digaaron, Thanks for sending in the report. It might take us a day to get back to you as we're a bit busy right now with many emails from the Macworld sale. I'm sorry about the wait.

This discussion has been closed.