1Password hanging on Windows

ocjlb
ocjlb
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When editing a record, 1Password will essentially freeze at times. I cannot close the edit window. Interestingly enough, I can navigate the main interface while the edit window is open and even open the edit window for a separate record (it's edit window replacing the originally opened edit window). However, at this point the application becomes completely locked. The only way to 'fix' this is to use task manager to close the application and kill the supporting processes. I have a multimonitor setup on Windows 7. The reason I mention this is that, when 1pass is opened on one of the monitors, and I edit a record and then successfully close the edit window, when I move the 1pass window to the second monitor, the edit window is displayed and NOT closable (if that is a word). All the buttons/text boxes in the edit window can be clicked/typed into, but the window cannot be dismissed with 'cancel' or accepted with 'ok'. As stated before, if I then go to the main 1pass interface and double-click a separate record, the edit window is replaced with the new record's info, but the application becomes dead in the water. At this point, the application needs to be force quit and associated processes killed.

Comments

• Hi @Ocjlb,

I'm sorry about the problem you're having. If i understand you correctly, you're saying the 1Password is virtually impossible to use on the second monitor but on the primary monitor, it works fine?

Now, I notice you mentioned the version in the forum topic (I'm going to rename it to include multiple monitor), was that intentional to say that this issue started with 1.0.9.315 update or did it happen in previous versions as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

• ocjlb
    ocjlb
    Community Member

To clarify some issues: I have no idea if the issues started with 1.0.9.315. I just simply upgraded to the latest a couple of days ago, but really had not been using 1Password for a couple of months.

I threw the fact that I have multiple montiors out there as a data point. From what I can tell, 1Password does otherwise work regardless of whether I have (and use) either screen.

1Password does become impossible to use if what I originally described happens, which is now complicated by another scenario. Today, I simply opened the application. And, without me opening a record (to edit for example), an edit window opened without any intervention and would not close (using the cancel/OK/red X). In other words, the edit window just popped up. I have figured out that at this point I can use the standard File > Exit menu options to quit the application though. If, however, I open another record, the app then needs to be force quit.

Here is link to a screenshot which illustrates the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqtbr23h2vb5li9/2013-02-08 08_19_10-Inbox (2) - quazar@gmail.com - Gmail.png

• ocjlb
    ocjlb
    Community Member

Please update the name of this thread to NOT include monitor reference. I really think this has nothing to do with the issue I am having and might steer folks with the same issue away from this topic. thanks

• Hi @ocjib,

Sorry about the delay, we're dealing with some illnesses on the team.

I've removed the monitor reference in the title. I cannot produce this on my Windows system.

Have you already reinstall the Windows app? If not, please do the following:

1. Remove 1Password from the Control Panel, this will not affect your 1Password data
    2. Restart your computer, and then download 1Password again
    3. After installing, see if it is more stable.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it turns out.

• ocjlb
    ocjlb
    Community Member

I did reinstall, but to no avail... Today was the weirdest event of all. I added several new wallet-type, and identity-type records to 1Pass while the application was not maximized, and everything appeared to work normally through the clicking of the OK button to close the add dialog. However, I wanted some more screen real estate to do furthing editing, so I maximized the application, and ALL of the newly created records opened on screen at once. As before, i could not dismiss any of the windows, but was able to quit the application using File>Exit.

• Hi ocjlb,

Wow, that's weird. Are there any system modification apps you use on your computer, anything that could change how Windows and apps work by default?

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report, open 1Password and go to the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report > Email to AgileBits

Please add a link to this thread in the email's body, so that we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

• hlewitt
    hlewitt
    Community Member

I have the exact same issue that ocjlb describes above. I just emailed diagnostic reports from 1P to Agile for help.

• Great, we should be able to figure out what the commonalities are between both reports. I'll get back to you guys with a day, sooner if possible.

Thanks for being patient with us.

• ocjlb
    ocjlb
    Community Member

Just sent my diagnostic report as well. I am somewhat relieved that at least one other person has this issue. Thanks hlewitt...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll reply as soon as possible if someone on the team hasn't already replied. :)

This discussion has been closed.