Forum Request: Tapatalk Support

khad
khad
1Password Alumni
edited January 2013 in Lounge
This discussion was split from another thread.

Comments

• zazan
    zazan
    Community Member

will it be working in Tapatalk again?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion, @zazan! For now, hopefully the mobile version will do the trick. :)

• mariachi62
    mariachi62
    Community Member

+1 for Tapatalk support ;)! We're looking forward to that!

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    edited January 2013

please make this new forum Tapatalk compatible ! http://tapatalk.com/

btw missing an URL avatar too :)

• Brico84
    Brico84
    Community Member

Hey guys, please get tapatalk support up and running. Here's the plug in you need

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=van

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the votes, everyone. It's on our list. :)

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member

PS: The OLD forum is still listed in Tapatalk. At a minimum, you'll want to de-list it!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the heads up, Chris!

• jaknudsen
    jaknudsen
    Community Member

Another vote for Tapatalk support :)

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member

any status on this as nothing had changed. OLD forum still only visible !

• MikeT
    edited February 2013

No progress yet, we've been busy with Macworld and improving the current forums before we move to Tapatalk. I'll check to see if we can speed it up a bit.

• Hi guys,

We're going to deactivate the old forums and tapatalk along with it. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use tapatalk with the hosted instance of Vanilla forum we're using.

Can you guys let us know what you'd like to have from the tapatalk that's not in our forum here, so that we can pass it on to them and see if they can implement their own version.

Thanks!

• Brico84
    Brico84
    Community Member

I don't really think you can "add something" to your forum that would satisfy the need for tapatalk. Most users here, the acrtive ones, are active in many forums. We manage those forums from our tapatalk apps from our mobile devices. I can tell you now, personally, I have tried using forums independtly before that were not available on tapatalk and i never stayed active.

Without tapatalk suppoer you are going to have a much less active community. This change in forums seems to be a terrible move if it means not tapatalk support.

Have you guys looked at adding this plugin to your forum? http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=van

There is support for vanilla forums on tapatalk.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know that it is mostly just an aggregation issue rather than a specific feature (or features).

You are correct, the link you just posted again is the same Tapatalk plugin for Vanilla forums that you linked to above and the one to which we are referring. It is the one Mike was referencing when we wrote:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use tapatalk with the hosted instance of Vanilla forum we're using.

We do sincerely hope that doesn't diminish your participation here, but we understand if it does. We'll keep an eye on this, but right now it simply is not possible to implement. :-/

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime. If there are any improvements we can make to the mobile interface, we'd appreciate knowing about them.

Thanks so much!

• zazan
    zazan
    Community Member

I visit the forums 95% less than I did with Tapatalk.

Reasons:

1. Miss 'Topics' feature, where all unread items from all threads could be seen, so a quick look could be taken at what's interesting and what's less.
    2. Lack of quick navigation inside the forums and threads
    3. As I use Safari in Private mode, I have to sign in every time
    4. Even putting shortcut on the home screen didn't help visiting the forums as frequent as I did with Tapatalk.

Usability downgraded very much. For me, at least.

It's a pity because discussions are very interesting.

• Thanks guys, we'll pass them on to Vanilla forums and let them know that it is important to have the Tapatalk support.

• woodenbrain
    woodenbrain
    Community Member

Agreed. Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Nice to see you around woodenbrain ;)

I am still rocking OminGrowl.

• woodenbrain
    woodenbrain
    Community Member

thightower, sweet. I'm planning an overhaul soonish; problem is it's just me on everything, no big team. :) neither me nor at least 4 other people in my extended family could get by without 1Password, including my 90+ yr old grandmother, who uses it on her iPad. mutual back patting complete!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's awesome! We always love hearing about folks who make security a family affair. :)

• Brico84
    Brico84
    Community Member

Any progress on this? I never go on this dicussion site anymore and so I would love to know if there is any progress with tapatalk support so I can start being active again?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

I'm not aware of any progress that Vanilla Forums have made in this regard, but I will certainly make every attempt to follow up here if we receive any news from them.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

I, also, would like to see this. I've not used tapatalk for this forum because I know it doesn't work (but want it to). I'd think loading the add-on for a hosted forum (like Vanilla) would either be easy or impossible (because of the shared nature of the code). Be nice to know which it is! :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yeah. It is not supported for hosted Vanilla Forums, but perhaps it will be in the future. It would be nice. :)

• Brico84
    Brico84
    Community Member

Have you contacted whoever hosts your forums and asked about using the plugin I posted above? It seems pretty straight forward, so perhaps they would be willing to install it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

As Mike said back in the beginning of February, it is not possible to use Tapatalk with the hosted instance of Vanilla Forums we're using. The plugin works for individual installations of Vanilla Forums. We are not using such an instance.

If this changes, we will post back here. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Safety, thanks for the heads up. Megan actually asked me about this, and I was the one who directed her to this thread. Nothing has changed from my post directly above yours or from what Megan already wrote in the new thread you started.

As I said before, if this changes, we will post back here. :)

I hope you have an awesome weekend and a great holiday!

Cheers!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Merry Christmas, Rolf!

This discussion has been closed.