Groan..forgot 4 digit code for iphone 1pw...question

Options
gglaze8
gglaze8
Community Member

Hi,
I have read the previous discussion on this subject on the old agilebits forum(previous to Vanilla).
It is dated Nov, 2010 so I wonder if the instructions still apply.
Most unfortunately, I have also forgotten the 4 digit code for opening 1Password Pro ver 3.7.2 on my iphone4.
So...if the instructions are still correct in this old posting, I will delete the App, then reinstall it from the App store.
The url for the old posting is : http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/2624-how-to-reset-the-4-digits-pass-code-on-1password-for-iphone/

Thanks for any help !
PS I will be unavailable to read or answer this forum for a day or so

Comments

• Hi @gglaze8,

Unfortunately, yes, the same instruction applies. Nothing has changed in that front, it's intentionally designed like this to protect your data as there is no backdoor to reset it. Like that post mentioned, if there was, it'd be used by criminals to get into your data file.

I'd recommend taking a few hours break and then open 1Password, let your fingers unlock it, don't over think it as it is possible the muscle memory kicks in and enter the right PIN code for you. If you're not able to get back in, your only option is to reinstall the app, which will delete any information you had in the app.

• gglaze8
    gglaze8
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the info. I just deleted and reinstalled, but somehow ended up with the newer version of 1PW for iphone so no 4 digit code needed. Looks like I did pay $17.99 for it though. Price of being in a hurry I guess. I appreciate your suggestion of muscle memory kicking in, but it didn't
    work so I just paid the price. Got it now though and it works great ! Lesson learned !

• Hi @gglaze8,

I'm sorry about the confusion. The previous 1Password app is available in the Update > Purchases section as that's the area where you can download all of the apps you bought at no additional cost. Just thought you might want to know this.

I sent you a PM, please check for it.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.