Feature Request: Attachment Sync

parekh
parekh
Community Member

1Password is definitely one of my favorite apps for my iPad and iPhone. In addition to logins, I make extensive use of the wallet feature and use it to store pdf copies of important documents like my college transcripts, insurance policies, etc. I would really like to be able to have access to these documents when I don't have my computer with me. Thus, I think it would be really great if attachments could sync with dropbox (since dropbox provides 2gb storage for free, there is plenty of room for all these attachments). Thank you for making such a great product, and for taking my suggestion into consideration!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Hey parekh attachment sync is part of 1Password 4 available in the iTunes store. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password/id568903335?mt=8

edit fixed typo : change app store to iTunes store.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

I just noticed this. I'm so excited that this feature has finally been implemented!

EDIT: So, I'm able to view the attachments on my iPhone, but I'm unable to view them in my browser when I log in to dropbox. If the attachments are synced to dropbox, where exactly are they?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Yes its iPhone only they do not appear in 1PasswordAnywhere to my knowledge.

They are located inside the keychain bundle (in your Dropbox folder) but you would not be able to view them directly as they are encrypted etc.

• MikeT
    edited February 2013

Hi,

Tommy is correct, you can only view your attachments in the iOS app and the desktop apps. It is not possible to decrypt files yet in the 1PasswordAnywhere. As browsers become more powerful, it may just become possible for us to support it in the future.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Thank you both for your responses! This issue is resolved.

• On behalf of Tom and myself, you're welcome!

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Consider this a +1 for attachment support in 1PasswordAnywhere.

I have no shortage of options for files that I need to be able to access remotely and with security (SpiderOak, LastPass attachments, TrueCrypt volumes in my Dropbox, and so on), but 1Password beats anything else hands down for ease of use and overall convenience. Especially when you take into account the fact that I don't know my SpiderOak password or any of the passwords for any of my TrueCrypt volumes, so using those options usually involves 1Password anyway! And while I do know the pass phrase for my LastPass vault, I don't consider LastPass attachments to be very user-friendly and, worse, have not found that feature to be 100% reliable.

If 1PasswordAnywhere had attachment support it would be my number one choice most of the time. And if you guys ever figure out a good solution for secure sharing, 1P would be my number one choice nearly all the time.

BTW, I'd like to suggest that you consider creating a separate forum for 1PasswordAnywhere. As things stand now, questions about 1PasswordAnywhere wind up scattered among the platform-specific forums.

This discussion has been closed.