How do I clear a Login’s Password History?

nigelm
nigelm
Community Member
edited January 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have a password which needs to be changed monthly.

The login entry for this password has several screens full in the Password History section - and helpfully I tend to need the last entry of the Password History at the same time as the new password when changing it.

I cannot see a way to kill off the top few years of password history, leaving me a manageable amount.

Nigel.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hey Nigel,

You can click on the arrow next to the Password History to hide the list and that will reduce some of the clutter. You wouldn’t want to reuse the same password elsewhere or reuse the old password again in the same Login. That’s one of the reasons we added the Password History feature, to protect you from reusing the same old password.

As for removing the Password History itself, that’s not possible at the moment, we hope to implement this in a future update and I do not have a timeframe on this. To remove this now, you’ll need to create a new Login, copy the details over from the old Login, and then delete the old Login.

I hope this helps explain why we have this feature and gives a workable solution for now. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

I'm definitely interested in this feature as well. I often duplicate records but always find it annoying that it also duplicates the password history.

Cheers
    Michael

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll pass your vote along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback, Michael!

This discussion has been closed.