Entering my Apple ID Password when I make App Store purchases

Options
Avangion
Avangion
Community Member

I have a problem I can't figure out how to solve. I feel like there might not be a solution. I searched around and couldn't find it. There are some occasions in iOS when you are asked via dialog box (I forget what these are called) to enter your Apple ID Password. Purchasing something from the iTunes or App Stores, for example. I recently regenerated my password using 1Password, so it's now a 32 alphanumericsymbolic chunk of gunk I will never remember. All to the good as far as that goes, but you paste so far as I can figure out into these pop-up dialog boxes, so I can't simply go into 1Password to copy it. Seems like poor engineering on Apple's part in this case. Obviously, I can purchase Apps on my Mac and then transfer them over, but it would be better if I could figure out a workaround. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Avangion,

This is a common question, the only workaround for this is that you copy the AppleID password from the 1Password app right before you head into either the iTunes or the App Store app, and once you make a purchase, you can paste the password in. There aren't any other ways beside this that could make it easier to use the stronger password.

Be aware of the Clear Clipboard timer if you have it turned on, it could be cleared by the time you need to paste the password in.

• Avangion
    Avangion
    Community Member
    Options

I meant to say above "you can't paste" into the dialog boxes as far as I can figure out. My mistake! Are you able to??

• Avangion
    Avangion
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, never mind! Now paste IS working. I am totally fine with this bit of inconvenience for the sake of security. It wasn't pasting before, though. Perhaps it was the Clear Clipboard timer that was causing the "problem," in which case you have solved my dilemma anyhow! Thanks so much! Your company's service is among the best I have ever seen in my life. Thanks thanks thanks for everything (you and others).

• Hi @Avangion,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback, I'm glad we're on top of your list. :)

This discussion has been closed.