Revise Connection Error Report in Web browser

tatchley
tatchley
Community Member

Could you revise how you display that a website could not be reached? Instead of having a single error message for "the host could not be reached," could you perhaps make the web browser quiery each host, and then, in a single popup, list the ones that it couldn't get to? I use a Cydia Package to deny access to certain hosts on my device (mostly ads and tacking services), and when I visit a normal site I often have to tap through multiple of these messages. This can get annoying. I know that this would not happen nearly as much on a regular device, but I would appreciate it if you would take this into consideration.

Comments

• Hi @Tatchley,

We'll look into it, we'd like to replicate what Mobile Safari does and load the "site not found" page as this is quicker. This is on the list.

Thanks for suggesting this.

• tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member

Awesome. How would that work on a smaller scale, like when the main website you are visiting is available, but secondary ones like an ad banner are not?

• Hi @tatchley,

Probably shows the same blank page. What do you see in Mobile Safari?

• tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member

If it behaves just as Safari, then all will be well; Safari will show what it can show, but ignore the rest (or things I don't want it to show). You had me worried there for a second...

This discussion has been closed.