Password Generator from within the clients itself?

Options
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
  • roncri
    roncri
    Community Member
    Options
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
  • Michael_D
    Michael_D
    Community Member
    Options

Isn't there a way to add that to the menu bar at the top for quicker and easier access? Myself personally I am in the process of revamping ALL of my passwords to be individual and 12+ characters long. The long list of hacked sites, stolen passwords and sheer lack of security and blatant incompetence by banks, online shopping sites, etc has me want to be more secure.

• Hi @Michael_D,

Not at the moment, why not use the generate button next to your Logins items? That'll let you generate the password on the fly. This is what we're moving toward, we'll be adding the generate button to all password fields in all items, so you don't need to use the dedicated password generator.

• Michael_D
    Michael_D
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike T, I will try that as well. Just getting used to the migration to 1Password for Windows, and since its based on the older version of 1Password for Mac its tough getting used to the older ways.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The Mac and Windows continue to become more consistent as time goes by. I'll make sure the developers get your feedback on this specific issue. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.