Same Login credentials being filled in repeatedly [Resolved]

RichardPS
RichardPS
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi -

I've been successfully (& thankfully) been using 1Password since May 31 2012 and yesterday encountered my first problem.
I'm running v1.0.9.314 on Windows7 with IE9.0.8112.16421IC.

On filling in login credentials via -\ the first time after starting up IE all is well. However every time after that
I am no longer prompted for my 1Password master password, and the login credentials from the first usage are
automatically filled in. Obviously something's changed (I manage a Tier3 support team. :-) ) but I can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!! Richard.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

What URL are you seeing this? Do you happen to have detailed steps? Thanks!

• sb8301450
    sb8301450
    Community Member

I have the same problem. FIrst one in works, all others use the same ID and password.

• Hi guys,

I'm not understanding what the issue is, please give us more details, so that we can help you fix this.

Are you saying 1Password is filling in the first Login item you selected on all sites, 1Password filling in automatically without showing you a list of items you have on the first site, or is it something else? It sounds like we're talking about something else.

Please give us detailed examples, so we can figure it out.

Thank you.

• glenn
    glenn
    Community Member

Same issue, example would be logging into EBAY, then trying to loginto paypal. Ebay was correct, paypal was identical username/ password.

I then went to my local gas comapny and sure enough it used my ebay username.

• glenn
    glenn
    Community Member

I closed all browsers and tried to go into gas comapny again - and it worked. Closing a browser every time isnt really feasible, hope fix is soon

• sb8301450
    sb8301450
    Community Member

I am getting the same issue. The first site I use 1password works correctly, but, the next one will use the same credentials and will fail.

• David_W
    David_W
    Community Member

I also have this issue. I am running Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit. When I go to a secure site with my browser (IE10) and try to login using Ctrl \ everything works as expected, for the first site. If I go to another secure site and try to login using Ctrl \ I seem to get the password for the first site (I can’t be sure but the length of the password suggests that this is what is happening). If I close out IE and restart and then try to login to the second site everything works. So it appears as though there is a problem with the second and subsequent secure sites when using IE10. From the above thread it seems this may be a wider problem, not just Windows 8 and IE10.

• glenn
    glenn
    Community Member

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit IE 9

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I have fixed this problem in version 1.0.9.316 -- can someone please download version 1.0.9.316 and confirm the fix? Thanks!

• David_W
    David_W
    Community Member

Would be happy to check out 1.0.9.316, where do I download from? Sorry, I'm new here.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Would be happy to check out 1.0.9.316, where do I download from?

It is here now: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

• David_W
    David_W
    Community Member

Checks out on two systems. Win 8 Pro 64 IE10 and Win 7 Enterprise IE10 pre-release.

Many thanks. Great service!

• sb8301450
    sb8301450
    Community Member

Checks out for me on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit IE9. Thanks.

• Hi guys,

That's great, thanks for the confirmations.

@David_W, for the future reference, you can update your current 1Password app by opening it and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version.

• glenn
    glenn
    Community Member

Im fixed as well - thanks

• Great, thanks. I'll close this as resolved and if anybody else still has the same problem, please create a separate thread.

This discussion has been closed.