1Password anywhere: Copy or Reveal options do not work on Microsoft Surface with Windows RT

I appreciate there is currently no support for a full-blown 1Password client as a Modern UI (aka Metro) App for Windows RT.

Nevertheless, the 1Password Anywhere application should ideally work correctly in order to allow access to stored passwords from the Surface RT tablet. However, while the I can login successfully to the 1Password Anywhere application from DropBox, the Reveal option to a hidden password does not work with the touch screen. Similarly, selecting the hidden password and choosing the Copy context menu option does not appear to put the password in the clipboard.

While the latter might be a limitation of Windows RT on a touch screen, I think the 1Password Anywhere application should be able to handle touch screens, particularly in order to temporarily "Reveal" hidden passwords.

Cheers.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013

The first of the current limitations listed in the 1PasswordAnywhere section of the User Guide is:

"1PasswordAnywhere requires a modern browser. Internet Explorer is not supported."

Historically, Internet Explorer simply hasn't supported all the necessary standards and features for 1PasswordAnywhere to function properly as it does in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. However, I'll certainly pass your vote along to the developers to see if there is a way to make it work now (RM4329).

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• SpringComp
    SpringComp
    Community Member

Hi Khad,

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I understand that, up to fairly recent versions, Internet Explorer was not considered a modern browser. However, I'm talking about Internet Explorer 10, here, and I think it has made some great progress towards compliance, as can be assessed by looking at the following page :
    http://html5test.com/

If certainly not the most compliant browser, it should however be all right for the majority of real work applications out there.

The reason I'm asking is because, in fact, 1Password Anywhere works just fine with Internet Explorer 10, as your developer team will tell you. If I plug a mouse to my Surface RT tablet, it works just fine. It's when I'm using touchscreen only that I can't "click" on the Reveal option. The reason is because it appears as a hovering option but that metaphor does not translate well for touch-only devices.

I'm also using 1Password Anywhere from my office Workstation (which is a regular computer) running Internet Explorer 10 and it works beautifully.

I should have made clearer in my question that 1Password Anywhere does not allow me to click on the Reveal option using touch only.

Cheers.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013

Sorry for any confusion. 1PasswordAnywhere may work well in Internet Explorer, but development has never targeted it. I do understand that the main issue is the interaction in Internet Explorer 10 on a touch screen but it works fine in Safari on iOS which also obviously uses a touch screen for input.

I've passed this along to the developers to see how we can best resolve this. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.