Which license do I need to purchase?

Options
carlc
carlc
Community Member
edited February 2013 in Lounge

I would like to have 1Password for all my devices listed below to cover both my fiancee and myself. I noticed in the Agile store there is a download for a Mac + Windows version, but for a single user, which in this case, does not apply to my situation. Would like to purchase off the Agile website rather than the Mac App store as I cannot apply my coupon code there. What do I need? Thanks a million!

I have:

• MacBook Pro Laptop
  • iPhone 4S

My fiancee has:

• PC Laptop running Windows 8 Pro
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPad 2

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you are only using a Mac and your fiancée is only using a PC, you can purchase the single user Mac+Windows bundle. You would use "the Mac part of the license" and she would use "the Windows part of the license". If you branch out to using PCs as well or she also begins using Macs we would ask that you upgrade to a Mac+Windows Bundle Family License.

On iOS, if you share an Apple ID, you can just purchase 1Password for iOS and install it on all your iOS devices.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• carlc
    carlc
    Community Member
    Options

In short, I don't use her stuff and she don't use mine!

In the Mac + Windows Bundle, me using the Mac portion, would that also cover my iPhone or would I have to buy the iPhone app too?

In her case, of the PC/iPhone/iPad, where she has different operating systems and a different Apple ID than mine, the Windows portion of the license will only be for her PC and not usable for the iPhone/iPad? She will have to purchase the iPhone app on the app store which will then sync it to the iPad. Is this correct?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In short, I don't use her stuff and she don't use mine!

Then you'd need to each purchase a copy of 1Password for iOS from your individual Apple IDs.

In the Mac + Windows Bundle, me using the Mac portion, would that also cover my iPhone or would I have to buy the iPhone app too?

All iOS apps must be purchased on the App Store, and Apple does not allow any bundles or discounts on the App Store. So 1Password for iOS is necessarily a separate purchase.

In her case, of the PC/iPhone/iPad, where she has different operating systems and a different Apple ID than mine, the Windows portion of the license will only be for her PC and not usable for the iPhone/iPad? She will have to purchase the iPhone app on the app store which will then sync it to the iPad. Is this correct?

Yep. :)

This discussion has been closed.