An error occurred while navigating to… [RESOLVED with a reboot]

philh0343
philh0343
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Since the update all you can get is an error the says "An error occurred while navigating to .......... Re-starting your web browser might correct this problem." Re-starting IE does not help and the error message is worthless in debugging the issue.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. Thanks for taking the time to contact us about it.

Have you tried simply removing and then reinstalling the 1Password extension in Internet Explorer?

Additionally, you might want to try resetting Internet Explorer.

"When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ins and customizations are deleted. You basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer."

Just follow the instructions for your version of Windows and let me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks!

• philh0343
    philh0343
    Community Member

I have removed the extension for IE and later put it back with no change. I cannot reset IE because of employer settings, but thanks for reading.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013

Can you confirm for me that you have restarted your computer while trying to troubleshoot the issue? The only other report of this I could find was partially resolved after completely restarting Windows.

After the restart it turned out that the issue was really Internet Explorer trying to preventing something called "cross-domain scripting".

Essentially, it comes down to this: when the login <form> is inside some <frame> and this <frame> is hosted on some other domain (other than the current domain), then IE does not allow scripting access to that <frame> (and that's why 1Password cannot touch it).

The error message in that case is:

Internet Explorer is denying access to a because it is on some other domain

Whenever this happens, our advice is to use Auto-Type or the 1Password extension in a different web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari

It may have nothing to do with that at all, but that is what happened in the other instance of this that I could dig up. If you provide the URL where you are having trouble, we'll be able to better assist you. Could you let me know what it is so we can test it on our end?

Additionally, if you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• philh0343
    philh0343
    Community Member

You nailed it. I don't restart very often due to work schedules. Once I saw your update I immediately shut down and restarted. Now 1Passowrd works great in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Thanks so much.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.