Trouble setting up Dropbox syncing

Options
brettz
brettz
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just bought a iPad 4. I have been using 1Password on my mac, my macbook air and my iphone (and cannot yet get them all to synch properly, perhaps you can tell me how to do that, too!) They are all running the "older" version of 1Password. I read that I cannot GET the old version, so I had to purchase the new one off Apple for $17.95. Expensive, but worth it, right? Well, not if you cannot upload your data file! While I go on my mac and make sure that the data IS backed up and stored in my dropbox, after about a dozen attempts (having to enter my email address and password each time) to get the new 1Password to retrieve said file off dropbox, I get a message stating that no file can be found in dropbox.

Please explain to me how I may:

1. Get the new version on my iPad to find the data file (and, yes, I tried to use iTunes to put the file on my iPad and it DID NOT WORK either
  2. Synch the data file between ALL my Apple devices: Mac, Macbook Air, iPhone and iPad

Thank you! You have a great product, once you get it to work properly!

brettz

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, Brettz. We'll get everything working smoothly for you.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you/

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.