Autosubmit stopped working

Options

Up until recently, all my logins have worked perfectly with Auto Login. For some reason, most of them now do not. If this was a simple case of one website perhaps changing things about the login form, I'd suspect that as the cause...but I can't believe dozens of websites all made significant changes at the same time.

I currently have "SUBMIT" configured to "Submit if Autosubmit is ON". On all the sites that Autosubmit is suddenly not working, if I change this setting to "ALWAYS" it will Autosubmit as it should. But why did all these logins just stop working...and why should I have to change over 100 login configurations to "ALWAYS"? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

You're looking at the per-Login setting. I would strongly recommend leaving that at the default "Submit if Autosubmit is ON" so that the Login items will obey the global autosubmit setting. To toggle the global autosubmit setting, just click the "Fill Login" header in the extension. You can also toggle it in the extension's Settings > Logins, but it is much easier to just click the header.

If the header at the top of the extension window only says "Fill Login" please click it once. It should now say "Fill and Submit Login".

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I can't believe I didn't look at the global "Fill and Submit Login". I turned that on way back when it was very first implemented in the browser extension and haven't touched it since. I just assumed it was still on. Thanks for the help!

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    Options

Don't feel bad Larry, same thing happened to me and it took some time to figure it out. I think the change happened when I upgraded to the MAS version.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

I don't think the setting has ever changed itself, but I know there have been some cases of people clicking the header to toggle it without realizing it. I'm just glad that did the trick. It is always nicer to have a simple solution thatn something much more complicated. :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Agree, khad...I don't think this ever changed. In my case I'm guessing I turned on Global Autosubmit back at the onset, then after all this time I would guess I inadvertently clicked on it in a browser extension.

This discussion has been closed.