Chrome 27 (dev, Canary) rendering issues

NickSmith
NickSmith
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Any idea why I may have suddenly encountered this issue. Running the extension on Canary since I started using the app. Never had any problems but I had to reinstall my machine at the weekend and now the extension seems to have lost its formatting and input functionality in Chrome. No issues in other browsers. Have reinstalled chrome and attempted to flush all the caches all to no avail. Contextual menu and the extension button functionality remain perfect.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013

1Password supports the stable builds of Chrome, Safari and Firefox. While we can't guarantee that 1Password will work with Beta, Dev, Nightly, Canary, or other birds or browser builds, we make every effort to maintain compatibility as browsers go through their various development and release cycles. Sometimes, a change comes along in a browser build that requires a change in the 1Password extension. If you're on the cutting edge of browser releases, there may be a time when 1Password isn't compatible with the latest bleeding edge build of your favorite browser. :)

Rest assured, we monitor the development of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome very closely and we vigorously test each release for 1Password compatibility. In general we recommend sticking with the stable releases of the browser, particularly if you don't want to use a Beta version of 1Password or the potential for temporary incompatibilities. In general, development and beta versions are for testing new features and ensuring compatibility rather than everyday browsing. For instance, we test development versions of browsers so we can be sure 1Password will be compatible as the release moves through beta and into the stable channel.

Are you having trouble with the latest stable release of Chrome? Please let me know!

• NickSmith
    NickSmith
    Community Member

I'll give it a try at work tomorrow, thanks for the quick response

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It looks like whereas we used to be able to just reference the popup.html file in our iframe and get all its resources whitelisted "for free", now they have to be manually referenced in the manifest. A simple but tedious fix. Should be available in an update "soon" (beta extension first, then stable).

• kkemmerly
    kkemmerly
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Hi,

I'm getting a weird screen when I use the hotkey to activate 1P in Chrome (v 27.0.1423.0 dev) on Mac OS 10.8.2.

Works fine in FF and from the button in Chrome but with the hotkey I see this:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kevin

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Yes. Use the stable version of Chrome. :)

For the longer answer, please see my replies above. I merged your post with this existing thread for this Chrome Canary 27 issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

• NickSmith
    NickSmith
    Community Member

Happy to confirm downgrading to stable chrome fixed it for me. Frankly the benefits of a functional 1password outweigh those of a bleeding edge chrome installation

• Bo Link
    Bo Link
    Community Member

I see the same thing as Kevin when I invoke 1Password via the shortcut key. Clicking on the 1Password extension icon works fine in the new Dev build of Chrome. It looks like the problem lies with the pop-up code.

• Bo Link
    Bo Link
    Community Member

Whoops! I didn't read khad's previous reply. Looks like y'all are on it! Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! :)

• NickSmith
    NickSmith
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Hate the fact the bug coincided with a reinstall. I was tearing my hair out for a few hours

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad you now know to use stable browser builds to save your self from follicular damage in the future. :p

• amdavies
    amdavies
    Community Member

has there been any progress in resolving this issue?

unfortunately I'm required to use the latest chrome dev builds for my own development purposes and I'm feeling very lost without full 1password functionality ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It should be fixed in the beta channel of the 1Password Chrome extension. Have you switched to the beta channel of the 1Password Chrome extension as I suggested above?

What version of the 1Password Chrome extension are you using?

• bmoon
    bmoon
    Community Member

I've installed the beta channel of 1Password Chrome extension, and it has fixed the popups from right click and at top of page when changing/creating a password. But opening from the key on the menu bar still gives a blank window. So does opening other extensions from the menu bar, so it is probably a wider chrome beta problem. I have Chrome Version 27.0.1430.0 dev.

• dai
    dai
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

yep, same as bmoon by Windows.

and looks other extensions has same ploblem.

Regards.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the updates, folks. You are certainly correct. The issue in this thread has been addressed, but there are other issues since it is a non-stable prerelease browser build. We would strongly recommend using the stable version of Chrome (and/or any other browser) if you are not interested in things breaking all the time. :)

The prerelease builds are constantly being tweaked, and it can be hard to hit a moving "compatibility" target.

• Dempsey
    Dempsey
    Community Member

Not sure if it was a Chrome Dev or Extension Beta fix, but working for me now using Chrome 27.0.1430.3 dev-m and 1Password Beta 3.9.10.3

• amdavies
    amdavies
    Community Member

I'm using the beta extension: 3.9.10.3 and sitll getting a glitch on the "Save Password" prompt as shown in the opening post of this thread

• Hilbe
    Hilbe
    Community Member

Also works with the Mac Chrome Canary build.

Version 27.0.1432.0 canary

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the updates folks. We continue to dance with dev builds. Please do stick with stable browser builds if you need a stable experience. :)

This discussion has been closed.