Where are drafts stored?

laurama
laurama
Community Member

I wrote a complicated post, trying to explain a problem that is frustrating me.

I saw the notice 'draft saved' periodically as I was typing, so I thought great, I won't lose what I'm typing, how smart these Support folks are to think of that.

Then I went to my email to copy the answers I had gotten from my Boss about his 1Password problem, and came back and everything I had typed was gone.

So where is the draft saved? How do I access it?

Thanks!

Laura

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

I would imagine drafts are stored locally on your machine as either cookies or an HTML5 database. They should be restored automatically so if you navigate away from and back to a page where you have been typing a reply on this forum your reply will just…be there when you come back.

If you quit your browser and/or reset it to clear cookies and such you may have wiped out the draft. I usually compose in a separate text editor and then copy and paste my reply into the browser. I've been bitten too many time by browser bugs and issues on other websites that that has just become my habit. I don't have a lot of experience with the drafts feature here.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more, but please do let me know what I can help with regarding 1Password. I'd love to get things squared away for you.

• laurama
    laurama
    Community Member

I re-created what I could remember in the Mac from AgileBits Forum. And yes, once bitten.....I know it well.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I just replied to your thread there.

This discussion has been closed.