Feature Request: Quick Search, Tab, and Copy

Hi,

I'm not too sure how you would achieve this, but one thing in particular I don't like about the Windows version of 1Password, is that I need to take my hands from the keyboard and click around.

Okay, I am probably being petty, but it would be awesome if I could open 1Password (after my password is entered), start typing what I'm looking for (search box highlighted by default), then hit TAB to gain focus to the filtered list of items, then have a keyboard shortcut to copy the password for the currently highlighted list item.

The Mac version is beautiful, but the Windows version lacks; which is fine, but it also suffers when it comes to usability and speed.

I hope you take my thoughts into consideration, thanks!!
<3 Rhys

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for your feedback, Rhys! I will make sure the developers get it. <3

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

it would be awesome if I could open 1Password (after my password is entered), start typing what I'm looking for (search box highlighted by default), then hit TAB to gain focus to the filtered list of items

• Ctrl+F
    • <start typing what you're looking for>
    • Tab
    • Tab
    • Tab
    • Arrow down

then have a keyboard shortcut to copy the password for the currently highlighted list item.

• Ctrl+C
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Good point, Stefan. I should have mentioned what was already possible.

It still would be nice to have the focus in the search field automatically upon unlock, though. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

It still would be nice to have the focus in the search field automatically upon unlock, though.

This is exactly what 1Password for Windows is doing if the search panel (Ctrl+F) is up.

This discussion has been closed.