Transferring

Options
Pengman
Pengman
Community Member

Sorry if this has been answered before but I have 1Password on my iPad and can’t get my passwords off my iMac (synched through iCloud)
I am running Mountain Lion on my iMac and latest IOS on iPad.
What do I have to do?
Says it can’t find info.
Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

iCloud is a version 4 feature. 1Password 4 has only been released on iOS so far, so iCloud syncing is iOS-only at this time. 1Password 4 for Mac will bring iCloud syncing to the Mac App Store version of 1Password, but Dropbox syncing works across all platforms and versions.

How To: Set Up Dropbox Syncing for 1Password

Please let me know if you're having any trouble with Dropbox syncing. I'd love to offer some assistance if you are.

Cheers!

• Pengman
    Pengman
    Community Member
    Options

I am getting nowhere fast. Dropbox now recognizes 1Password but no passwords or categories show up in 1Password. I have a, config and data in Dropbox but cannot access anything because they supposedly don’t exist.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Dropbox recognizes 1Password". Are you referring to 1Password on your Mac or iPad?

1. On your Mac, make sure the Dropbox app is installed and running.
    2. Then, still on your Mac, click the "Use Dropbox" or "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences on the General pane.

Please tell me when you have done so and let me know the path to the Data File that is listed on that same General preference pane. Here is mine as an example:

Users > khad > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

• Pengman
    Pengman
    Community Member
    Options

1Password runs extremely well on the iMac. Absolutely LOVE IT.
    However, I can’t get it to sync with my iPad

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2013
    Options

Pengman,

Can you please tell us the data file location ? Are you are using 1Password from the Agilebits site or the Mac App Store ?

We need the data file location to determine if there is a configuration issue. Something possibly prohibiting syncing etc

• Pengman
    Pengman
    Community Member
    Options

Apple iTunes app store for iPad app, Mac app store for 1Password on iMac

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

Please tell me the path to the Data File that is listed on the General preference pane. Here is mine as an example:

Users > khad > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

• Pengman
    Pengman
    Community Member
    Options

Users > randymidzain > dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain
    Then the choice is Stop using Dropbox

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In 1Password for iOS, please turn on Dropbox syncing if it is not already on (Settings > Sync). If it is already on, please turn it off and then back on again.

Can you let me know if it was already on and if that helped?

• Pengman
    Pengman
    Community Member
    Options

DOH!
    Thanks! It worked.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.