Autofill doesn't work for imo.im

I can't use auto-fill for login to imo.im from main page.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the imo.im home page
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Manually enter your username in the details before saving the item.
    6. Step 5 is important, so I'll repeat it. :) Manually enter your username in the details before saving the item.
    7. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://imo.im/

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to verify autosubmit for the form.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• Denys Davydov
    Denys Davydov
    Community Member

I already try manual saving, but it doesn't help. For now I try your method (with manually enter username), but it doesn't help too. I use "Sign to other account" buttons for sign in to imo. 1Pass recongize username and password which I type in pop-up window at imo.im site, but can't autofill it next time.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That is very strange. It is working well in all of my testing as long as I add the username manually before saving it via the browser extension. Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

• Denys Davydov
    Denys Davydov
    Community Member

No, last release of Firefox. But when I try to autofill my login from Chrome, I see fast-moving cursor from login to password, from password to login fields. And it lasts indefinitely

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What happens if you create a Login item in the main 1Password application instead of the browser extension? We don't normally recommend this, but it may help in this case. Please do let me know the specific versions of Firefox, Chrome and 1Password extension in each.

• Denys Davydov
    Denys Davydov
    Community Member

Nothing happened too when I manually create Login item via 1Pass app.
    Firefox 19.0.2
    Chrome 25.0.1364.152 m
    1Pass 1.0.9.319

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure what happened, but suddenly it is not working for me either. I'll pass this along to the developers to see how we can improve for the future. For now, Auto-Type works very well.

This discussion has been closed.