Full Deletion of 1Password

hgi
hgi
Community Member

On a Mac I hav eplace in Trash the 1Password application, however the "Unlock 1Password to save this Login" banner continues to appear. I tried the 1Password software free for a few days and I just preferred my old way of choosing passwords. This was months ago and of course I didn't write down nor do I remember my 1Password master password. So what should I do in order to completely remove 1Password from my computer? Thanks.

Comments

• hgi
    hgi
    Community Member

Thank you very much. That seemed to work. Best of Luck.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help. The extensions are installed separately from the main application, and that was what you were seeing. There is not a way for us to automate that process. It is the same for all browser extensions.

If you don't mind my asking, would you be willing to share some more details about why you stopped using 1Password? Was there anything specific that you found frustrating, hard to understand, or overwhelming? I'm also curious about your "old way of choosing passwords" if you would be willing to share that as well, but I understand that might be a bit more personal.

This discussion has been closed.