Updating Local copy not working [resolved]

Balois
Balois
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

New to the product so maybe I'm missing something. However, when I get to Step 4 of updating 1Password's local copy:

Click the circled > to the right of the generated password’s title to view its details.

Nothing happens. I click on the circle but there is no response. I'm stymied.

Thanks

Balois

Comments

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

I tried it a second time and after multiple click I was able to get to the next step. So I had success with the first password. As I moved on to the second password I had a different problem. After creating a new password for a different web site when I got to step 6

Select the Logins section (represented in the extension by a keyhole icon) and click the circled > to the right of the Login title you are updating.

When I clicked on the keyhole I got the message that : no logins saved for this site". Now what?

Balois

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The list of Logins saved corresponds to the site your are currently viewing. You need to make sure you are viewing the site where you are changing the password in order to complete the steps.

Please let me know how it goes.

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

I continue to have the same problem. Im on the browser page of the login Im trying to save, yet when click on the keyhole icon there is only a message saying "No Logins for this site". When I go to password history I see the website entry with in this instance was 4 minutes ago but when I click on the keyhole I don't get "click the circled > to the right of the Login title you are updating." I tried to paste in pictures but could not for some reason. Any advise?

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

BTW, the problem occurred on the agile bits forum login and I had to get a new password. Tried again and had the same result. :(

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you don't have a Login item already saved. You can't change the password in the Login item if you don't have a Login item. Use the "View password history" button to fill the generated password on the site's login page and create a brand new Login item if you don't have an existing Login item you are updating.

Here is the login page for this forum:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin

Go there, click "View password history" and then click the most recently generated password to fill it in. Type in your username and log in. You should be prompted to save a new Login item.

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

Ok, I finally get it. I was missing the point that I had to first save a login before I updated it. I started with the tutorial on changing a Logins Password and didn't understand that the "login" was the 1Password login. I was going to the web site login and then attempting to update the password.. Now I can move on. thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.