Mass license key activation

Options

I'm wondering if there is a script or way to register 1password instead of manually entering in the same license key for a few hundred installs. I plan to roll out this solution to the company I work.
Also if there is a way to disable auto updates, that would be nice too...

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

Once you have purchased the correct number of seats from our business store, just activate the first copy on the first machine. Then locate the new 1PWW.license file, which you'll find in this directory:

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\UserAccount\Application Data\Agile Web Solutions

Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Agile Web Solutions

(Where "UserAccount" is the actual user account.)

Place the license file in the appropriate location on subsequent machines covered by your business licenses. You can use whatever tool you prefer to automate this.

There is not a way to disable automatic updates because the updates can contain important security fixes. It is important to always stay up to date with 1Password updates as you do with your OS and browser for security reasons. This also includes bug fixes which may possibly pertain to data availability/integrity, a crucial component of security that is often overlooked.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.